How many days a week at the Gym

Options
hfsperez
hfsperez Posts: 1,173 Member
Hey peeps, JP here. How many days do you go to the gym and do you see a difference when you go 4, 5, or 6 days a week. How does your body respond, and what is your rest day (s).

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I generally go 4 or 5 days. I should go a lot more. I don't do nearly enough to get the results I want.
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    I try to go six days a week. Wednesday is my rest day. Occasionally, I'll take a second day off if I'm just not feeling it or if something else pops up. If I go less than 5 or 6 I don't feel right
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    I do 3-4. Running 5/3/1 BBB 3 month challenge currently. The heavy 5x10 accessories require me to get a fair amount of rest. I used to do a 5 day program but I'm noticing much better results with wendler
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Every morning. Sometimes lunch too. I don't know if I see a difference otherwise but I feel like a bird with its wings clipped if my workouts get messed with.
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Currently I go to the gym about 4-5 times a week, I am loving the results and changes in my body. I mainly lift because I hate cardio, but I do try and add in HIIT cardio, stair intervals or treadmill incline intervals twice a week. Actually today is one of my rest days, every Wednesday I have dinner with my son (I don't get to see him a lot. He works 2 jobs and goes to school - he's 18 yrs old). Most weeks, I will have it set in my mind that I'm going to workout 6 days a week and my old body says 'Nu-uh, girl, you are tired and need to rest'. LOL
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Currently 2x per week with a full body program set up by my trainer...I'm on the cusp of cycling season, so lifting isn't my number one priority.
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    2-3 to the gym, 2-3 running = 4-6 weekly at either.
  • alondrakayy
    alondrakayy Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Used to go 5-6x a week but would get so burned out. Now going 4-5x a week and feel a lot better! Also, I feel like a recover a lot better therefore feel the results coming in. My results come more from my diet.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Currently 5-6x per week for the last two months of my bulk, it is pretty intense so I am usually beat at the end of the workout week. My rest day is Tuesday. Typically I do 3-4x.. which is what I prefer with yoga on Thursdays and total rest on Tuesdays... either way results are great, so totally depends on my programming.
  • kaizaku
    kaizaku Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    5 sometimes 6. If my body part is lagging then it does make a difference.
  • Christylee76
    Christylee76 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I currently go 6 days a week, and Wednesday is my rest day. Occasionally if I am super tired and sluggish, I might rest another day. I literally panic if I think I can't work out lol. My world would crumble. I am in the best shape of my life, having lost 160 pounds. In my mind if I miss one workout, I am scared I am going to wake up and be fat again. I know its a mind thing, and I pray one day it passes and I can ease up a tad, but for now... I'm not stopping:)
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    Zero. No gym, ever. Strength training at home, cardio outdoors.
  • tjones0411
    tjones0411 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I am in the gym 5 mornings a week. But three of those days are cardio in the morning AND also include lifting at night, so I look forward to those rest days on the weekends.
  • cdkelly
    cdkelly Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I workout hard 4-5 days per week then my "rest days" I go for a jog or walk.
  • JstTheWayIam
    JstTheWayIam Posts: 6,357 Member
    Options
    7 days a week... Home gym
  • sunrises59
    sunrises59 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    5 days a week. Rest day Wednesday and Sunday.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    None. Free weights, yoga and core work at home. Cardio outside.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    I'm programmed for 5 days a week. Another day of prehab/correctives at home.
  • ronjsteele1
    ronjsteele1 Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Three days a week at the gym (alternate lifting upper body/lower body/both) with 60 minutes of treadmill afterwards. Walk 2 days a week outdoors (those are my "rest" days). No weekends - ever. If I lift anything less then 3 the results are very slow.