NSV: 26.2

Options
4leighbee
4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
edited March 2017 in Fitness and Exercise
The scene: 35-40 degrees, 30 mph winds, rain and sleet, blowing sand (not kidding - it was like Armeggedon)

We were at the beach, and I chose a cheap hotel at the far end of the boardwalk, so I rented a bicycle to get me to the start line, since all the roadways were blocked off. Logical, right? First, despite my snobby opinion that biking is not difficult, biking is difficult - I was working out before my workout, lol (serves me right). At 7:45 a.m., in my running clothes, I made my ridiculous way down the boardwalk on my rented bike in the driving rain so that I could then run 26.2 miles. Utter nonsense, but I FINISHED! Yay!! :smiley:

I'm left with a bilateral skin infection (didn't realize this could/does happen - but ta da!) and a sense of absolute peace that I have run my marathon. I don't think I'll do it again, and I can't wait for my next (much shorter) race!

Replies

• deluxmary2000
    deluxmary2000 Posts: 981 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! (And seriously, those conditions sound awful!)
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    congrats!

you got the bike and the run - just throw in a swim and you'll be a triathlete ;)
  • 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Haha ... triathletes would not approve. There was so much rain and since we were at the water, people were joking that we swam the marathon. :)
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I'm a triathlete and I approve :)

google picutres of IM Maryland last year and the run - you'll see what I mean