Losing that last layer of fat around the lower stomach

Options
I'm a 6'6" ~235 lb male, would consider myself thin but athletic in build. Roughly 6-8 months ago, with the general goal of getting to 250 lbs, I was eating whatever I wanted and paid little attention to the ring of fat developing around my lower stomach. I understand that this is part of the bulking process. Now that I'm paying much more attention to my diet/macros, I'm trying to balance losing that layer of fat while maintaining my strength and some mass. There seems to be such a fine line in getting the right amount of macros to sustain muscle-building, energy to support my workouts, incorporating some cardio (how much?), and all the while burning that last little layer away to reveal the lower pair of abs. Any successful strategies here? Do I need to start getting super detailed with my calorie count? I appreciate any insight.

Replies

• Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    May be better to ask your question in the body building section. Probably get better help there than in the general section. Some really good posters there.
  • mattyice1989
    mattyice1989 Posts: 18 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    @Tacklewasher thank you for the advice. I'll give it a shot there. Edit: figured this was the appropriate section for "Weight Loss Help".
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    @Tacklewasher thank you for the advice. I'll give it a shot there. Edit: figured this was the appropriate section for "Weight Loss Help".

It really sounds to me like you are looking to recomp rather than lose. That's all.