Logging French toast

Options
I have never made French toast but would love to give it a go. Just wondering how you log it with regards to the egg. I would only have 1-2 pieces of bread with it, so wouldn't use the whole egg mix..how do you calculate how much egg you have used..and do you just search uncooked egg in the search engine??
Thanks

Replies

• Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    I weigh the egg mixture before I dunk the bread and then weigh it afterward. Subtract the difference and log it.

For example, I calculate my mixture total (so 2 eggs, 1/4 cup milk, dash of vanilla), weigh it. Dunk my bread and re-weigh the extra egg mixture. Log the difference.
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    TheCupcakeCounter Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I put things in as a recipe and then log the servings. So if the egg mixture should coat 8 slices of bread I would have the recipe set at 4 or 8 serving and then add the appropriate number of servings to my log.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I log everything. 30 calories isn't going to make or break my day.
  • wellthenwhat
    wellthenwhat Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Oooh, now I want French toast! Any good toppings for it besides syrup?
  • Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options

I add cinnamon and vanilla to my egg mix. Then I like to top with blueberries and roasted pecans. I have also seen roasted apples with cinnamon and nutmeg (but I am not an apple fan).
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

Nut butter. My favorite is some ricotta or cottage cheese with a bit of powdered sugar and fruit though.