What do you guys make with chicken breast?

Options
13»

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Chicken breast: Thaw it, chop it, cook it, eat it. The thawing is to make the chopping possible.. The chopping is to hasten the cooking and ease the eating. The cooking is to make safe the eating. The eating is the whole point of it.
  • pamfgil
    pamfgil Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Chicken rice slice
    2 chicken breasts,
    1onion,
    250g plain yoghurt, I use Greek
    3 eggs,
    3 Cups cooked rice, I use brown basmati
    Seasoning
    60g grated cheese

Dice chicken approx 1 inch cubes
    Chop onion
    Mix all ingredients except cheese and pour into
    baking container, sprinkle cheese on top
    Bake for 1hr at 180 Celsius
    Makes six serves at approx 340 cal per serve
    Freezes well, can reheat in microwave

• divvyh
    divvyh Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Whatever you are making, it would probably taste better if you used boneless skinless chicken thighs. Chicken breast are just so bland and dry.
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I use Guy's BBQ sauce. It's 10 cals for 2tbsp and it's amazing. With a toasted English muffin and 2 laughing cow cheese wedges this meal is slightly less than 400 cals.

u23ad4cc4kmb.jpg
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    miinanov wrote: »
    I'm looking for healthy lunch recipes with chicken breast. How do you guys meal prep with it? Something under 400 calories.

I usually add pieces of chicken to soup or to rice & beans.

For the carved pieces with skin, I'll put a piece into containers on top of roasted vegetables (I don't recommend this with skinless chicken breast though- it will be too dry on re-heating).

For the boneless, skinless chicken breast, I've also boiled/steamed it before and done chicken salad.
  • floridamatty
    floridamatty Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    if youve eaten as much chicken as me you get so tired of it, so I use a light coating of shake and bake, theres a bunch of flavors and it helps tremendously and doesnt change much on my macros
  • WandaVaughn
    WandaVaughn Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I throw some chicken breasts in the iron skillet along with a tablespoon of olive oil. Cook on both sides until done, remove breasts from skillet. Add 1/4 cup of balsamic vinegar to the skillet to deglaze it, add about 3 minced garlic cloves and cook until it smells good- maybe a minute. Add a pint of grape tomatoes that I've halved and cook until the tomatoes are tender. Add a tablespoon or so of basil. Put the breasts back in, top each with a slice of mozzarella cheese. Cover the whole thing until the cheese is melted. Yummy!!!
  • SaraMA1
    SaraMA1 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I make a Chicken and Vegetable Lo Mein when I am craving Chinese food.

Meat
    1 lb Chicken breast, Skinless

Produce
    2 cup Broccoli
    1/4 cup Celery
    1 tbsp Garlic
    1 tbsp Ginger, Root
    2 cup Green cabbage
    1/4 cup Green onion
    1/2 cup Shiitake mushrooms

Canned Goods
    1/2 cup Water chestnuts

Baking & Spices
    1 tsp Sesame seeds

Oils & Vinegars
    1 tbsp Sesame oil

Nuts & Seeds
    1/4 cup Almonds
    1/4 cup Coconut aminos

Heat wok or skillet over high heat.
    Add sesame oil, minced ginger and garlic, and sauté for 1 minute to allow the flavors to infuse the oil.
    Add chicken to the wok, and cook, stirring frequently for 3–4 minutes, or until the chicken is mostly cooked.
    Add in broccoli, water chestnuts, celery, and shiitake mushrooms; sauté for 2 minutes.
    Add in almonds, cabbage, and green onion.
    Pour in coconut aminos (2–4 tbsp).
    Cook 2–3 minutes, until cabbage softens a little.
    Remove from heat, and garnish with sesame seeds.
  • 1961mkc
    1961mkc Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love fried chicken in coconut oil & minced garlic to put on white rice with salsa and melted cheeses. But this past week, I have cut out dairy, sugars, processed foods, junk food...
  • brandonation_81
    brandonation_81 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Baked basil, lemon, garlic chicken breast with Black Hinode rice and Jasmine brown rice combined(1/2 cup each). Add a bit of fat free feta(1/4 cup) to top the chicken and reduced sodium soy sauce to the rice. Bam!
  • dfwesq
    dfwesq Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Braised chicken breast with leeks is good. It can be made in a slow cooker and the vegetables help keep the chicken moist. Another good slow cooker dish is chicken breast with artichoke hearts and mushrooms.
  • jrohrbauck
    jrohrbauck Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    1.Spicy Thai Basil Chicken - one of my favs
    2. Ground all white meat chicken sautéed veggies, spices, tomato purée and cauliflower rice. Sautéed it all together. I also change out the ground chicken for extra lean ground beef.
    3. Xl ground beef sautéed with white potatoes
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Chicken salad
    Chicken sandwich
    Chicken wrap
    Chicken corn chowder
    Chicken stuffed manicotti (although that usually ends up around 500 calories for two
    Chicken in peanut sauce
    Chicken in BBQ sauce
    Chicken on rice with salsa
    Chicken in lemon pepper sauce
    Chicken in lemon-ginger sauce
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Alfredo sauce with fettuccine noodles.

Breaded and cooked in the Actifry. I'll bread and "fry" potato wedges at the same time. Spiced with paprika.

I made this ginger garlic sauce and it was awesome. I used cider vinegar instead of rice vinegar to no harm. It would be just as awesome over chicken.

http://www.spoonforkbacon.com/2014/03/ginger-garlic-cocktail-meatballs/

If you get tired of rice, pasta, and potatoes there is always wraps, yams and quinoa.
  • joymorrison08
    joymorrison08 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I like to shred my chicken breast and add sweet baby Ray's buffalo sauce. Cook it in the Crock-Pot. I serve it over brown rice. Shredded chicken with seasoning (chili powder,cumin etc.) and peppers (green, red, jalapeno etc.) for tacos. Put on a corn tortilla with some salsa is also good!