log calories - vomit

Options
xombiebite
xombiebite Posts: 273 Member
Hey,
I had a nauseated stomach this morning and just thought it was anxiety. i drank a smoothie for breakfast and now i feel as if i am going to vomit any second i've been drinking water but it's not helping. would i lose those calories if i actually do throw up? :(

Replies

• LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I would and have still logged them.

You don't know how much has been digested and vomiting as a way to rid yourself of calories is called bulimia (yes I am aware that's not your intention but it can be a slippery slope for some).
  • tquill
    tquill Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Hopefully vomiting isn't happening regularly enough for you to consider logging it vs not logging it.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    This is seriously your big worry for today?
  • xombiebite
    Options
    yeah it is my worry for the day as i have been off work since June 1st with stomach issues and caloric intake is important for me to log and maintain. so until you know the whole story keep your snarky comments to yourself.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    yeah it is my worry for the day as i have been off work since June 1st with stomach issues and caloric intake is important for me to log and maintain. so until you know the whole story keep your snarky comments to yourself.

enlighten everybody then....your OP mentioned nothing of being sick since June 1. /end snark
  • corgicake
    corgicake Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    If you're anxious/stressed enough to literally hurl you probably need the energy more than the weight loss right now. If it happens, figure two thirds of the calories got into your system and eat what your stomach likes best in the amounts you need to do what needs to get done... if you need maintenance then eat maintenance.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Eat the BRAT diet..

bananas, rice, apple sauce and toast (and tea)

yes it's bland, but you can usually keep those things down.

I do it everytime my stomach feels queasy and I feel better after the day is over.. (although I don't usually eat rice, i usually eat broth/soup)
  • xombiebite
    Options
    Eat the BRAT diet..

bananas, rice, apple sauce and toast (and tea)

yes it's bland, but you can usually keep those things down.

I do it everytime my stomach feels queasy and I feel better after the day is over.. (although I don't usually eat rice, i usually eat broth/soup)

thanks! ill have my fiancé grab some bananas after he is finished work. i have the rest of the stuff. i think its something my fiancé and i ate yesterday he is not feeling well either.
  • britzzie
    britzzie Posts: 341 Member
    Options

enlighten everybody then....your OP mentioned nothing of being sick since June 1. /end snark

If I were so sick that I'd not gone into work for almost two months, the last thing I'd be worried about was whether to log the food I'd puked back up into MFP. I just find this strange...
  • LBNOakland
    LBNOakland Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Gross.

Thanks for that thread title while I'm eating lunch.

Seriously, some people really need to use the search function or use straight up Google for their concerns.

Why would you visit a thread with vomit inthe title while eating lunch!?! LOL Maybe you should use the search function!

OP-I hope it isn't food poisoning if fiance' is sick too! Avoid dairy. I agree with BRAT diet. My hubby had some stomache issues. Our doc put him on BRAT for a month. Id really helped.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    My personal method of dealing with illness: don't log that day. Eat what it takes to feel better (whether it's Saltines or Jell-o or chicken soup or Gatorade), without fussing about calories or sodium or macros.
  • ksimmons19
    ksimmons19 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Are you preggers?
  • xombiebite
    Options
    My personal method of dealing with illness: don't log that day. Eat what it takes to feel better (whether it's Saltines or Jell-o or chicken soup or Gatorade), without fussing about calories or sodium or macros.

grabbed a gatorade :)
  • sassyd99
    sassyd99 Posts: 54 Member
    Options

^^^This...feel better!
  • xombiebite
    Options
    Are you preggers?

nope im not
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

I agree.

Also eating at a deficit is stress on the body, so if I'm sick but can still eat I usually eat maintenance calories.

If you've been sick since June 1 you really should see a doctor. That's not normal and isn't good long-term.
  • xombiebite
    Options

^^^This...feel better!

thanks. i think its either something i ate and./or the humidity
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    Have you been sick since June 1, or is this something you ate last night?
  • xombiebite
    Options

I agree.

Also eating at a deficit is stress on the body, so if I'm sick but can still eat I usually eat maintenance calories.

If you've been sick since June 1 you really should see a doctor. That's not normal and isn't good long-term.

oh ive been dealing with doctors on a weekly basis, am improving and hopefully back to work soon.
  • xombiebite
    Options
    Have you been sick since June 1, or is this something you ate last night?
    i have been sick since june 1st and like i said something i ate last night could be the cause as my fiance isnt feeling well today either and we ate the same thing