Yogurt

Options
I have seen alot of people eating greek yogurt, and I was wondering about the taste. I have been eating yopait light and have found it just tastes too sweet. I use to eat regular yoplait, but switched to cut calories to help lose weight. Any thoughts or suggetions??

Heather

1398367.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• jheller
    jheller Posts: 194
    Options
    I have several co-workers who LOVE greek yogurts. I tried it - several different flavors and brands and I don't like it. It seems to heavy to me and tastes more like sour cream then yogurt.

I used to eat Yoplait as well but wanted to get away from the high fructose corn syrup and artificial sweeteners so I switched to Brown Cow and Wallaby brands. I get them at Vitamin Cottage (Natural Grocers). They are both 140 for the low fat but I'd rather eat a few more calories then consume all that unnatural sweetness.
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    I will only eat 1 type of greek yogurt and that is Fage Total, full fat. I have tried several others and they are GROSS.
  • nkymom
    nkymom Posts: 15
    Options
    Yeah I might switch back to regular low fat yogurt, but since I like sour cream I might try the greek. Thanks for the info! :happy:

Heather
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt does not taste like sour cream. I could eat a tub of sour cream plain but greek yogurt I just couldn't stomach. The honey flavor is alright - I bought the Greek Gods brand. I mixed it with fruit and it tasted great with some granola as well. I got tired of it after awhile though. I'd like to try the Fage as I've heard it's the best and I really need more protein than I'm getting.

Just don't think you can buy the cheapest stuff because it seems with Greek yogurt, the more you pay, the better it is.
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    The Dannon Greek Yogurt (what they showed on biggest loser) tasted like wall paper paste.. I gave my other container to my co-worker and he agreed..

Chiobani stuff with fruit in it is better, its just really thick and its a lot more expensive
  • naomihandler
    naomihandler Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I love Greek yogurt! It is really creamy. I get plain non fat Fage yogurt and mix in fruit and honey. It is really good and has 20 grams of protein in one cup. I have also tried Chobani it is really good. I like the honey flavor and the pineapple flavor. I switched from Dannon Lite and Fit because it was too sweet. The plain is about 120 per cup and flavored it about 140. I say try it!
  • balfonso
    balfonso Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I like to eat it with fruit or with a drizzle of honey. I never eat it on its own. It DOES taste like sour cream !
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    Vosko's or Fage Total - add a bit of fruit / nuts for flavor.