NON-SLIP Headbands! Recommendations?

Options
dbhDeb
dbhDeb Posts: 200 Member
I have purchased about 10 headbands and only found one that is really grippy. It has rubbery lines on the underside. My hair is fine, very slippery and always gets in my eyes if I don't wear a headband. Thanks in advance!

Replies

• yellingkimber
    yellingkimber Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Use a bandana.

http://www.wikihow.com/Tie-a-Bandana-Like-a-Headband I use method 2 kinda, but I pull the ends really tight while I roll my bandana up. It never falls when I'm working out :)
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    My daughter fixes them in place with bobby pins. Worth a try.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I usually wear a buff rather than a headband if I am concerned about slippage. But any wider headband pulled low to my hairline usually gives less issues than the thinner ones.
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    One of my friends gave me a "sweaty band" and it's pretty awesome. It's not rubbery/grippy on the inside, but the texture is sort of velvety or something, and it stays put.
  • ItsSlimpossible12
    ItsSlimpossible12 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hippie Runner. Once you get it placed on your head correctly it isn't going anywhere. I also have VERY fine/slippery hair. They have passed the running, weight lifting and Insanity/Shaun T tests!
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Maybe you just have a weird-shaped like me. I have tried every headband known to man-kind and I have to accept the fact that they just don't fit on my weird noggin.
  • dbhDeb
    Options
    thanks guys! I have a Hippie Runner one -- actually had 2 and lost one. I like it. Will try some of these ideas. midlelome1971 - I have a small head for sure. Thanks!!
  • pomegranatecloud
    pomegranatecloud Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Sweaty bands. Stays put during 20+ mile runs and while running in 100+F. Anything with a rubbery or plastic underside slips off of my head.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    I have 2 Nike headbands that are made of a terry-cloth style fabric, but not made of cotton, it's more a wicking type fabric. They are very stretchy and never slip. I got them at a running shoe store. I've never had a slippy headband, even when I used the old terry cloth cotton bands. I can't visualize what style you're using that's such a problem.
  • JB035
    JB035 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Junk brand! The best hands down!
  • dbhDeb
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    I have 2 Nike headbands that are made of a terry-cloth style fabric, but not made of cotton, it's more a wicking type fabric. They are very stretchy and never slip. I got them at a running shoe store. I've never had a slippy headband, even when I used the old terry cloth cotton bands. I can't visualize what style you're using that's such a problem.

I'd show you a picture but I'd rather not. They slip back on my head. My hair is just fine and its hard to hold. Trust me.
  • dbhDeb
    Options
    JB035 wrote: »

I haven't heard of this one. Will look it up!
  • AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    I have a very large head - hats just don't fit me. Headbands just slide right off because they are too small. I started buying headbands from an Etsy seller. She custom makes them to specific sizes. The wide band sport ones work great for me. https://www.specificallyrandom.net/
  • JourneeAfter0704
    JourneeAfter0704 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem!
  • Picoides
    Picoides Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Maybe you just have a weird-shaped like me. I have tried every headband known to man-kind and I have to accept the fact that they just don't fit on my weird noggin.

I have the same problem. Cannot find a headband that works on me. I finally gave up. Now I just put my hair in a ponytail and pin my bangs back with barrettes.
  • jlscherme
    jlscherme Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Me too, same problem. Either slippery hair or odd shaped noggin. Nice topic.
  • Tayykisses
    Tayykisses Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Hipsy adjustable headbands are AMAZINGG.
  • Jeepygirl
    Jeepygirl Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Sparkly soul headbands. Those suckers are the only things that don't move on my head. They work on my hair which is thin and fine, my sister who has thick curly hair and my niece with fine curly hair.
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options

I wear their headbands, but I don't think they're necessarily great for non-slip. They are great headbands though. Use code: "russwole" for 10% if you decide to get one.

They make pretty dope designs:

ftnrz5lmfd17.jpg
    5klcbk04g90j.jpg
  • Sara1791
    Sara1791 Posts: 760 Member
    Options

I wear their headbands, but I don't think they're necessarily great for non-slip. They are great headbands though. Use code: "russwole" for 10% if you decide to get one.

They make pretty dope designs:

ftnrz5lmfd17.jpg
    5klcbk04g90j.jpg
    I want one!