Blue collar lunch ideas

Options
2»

Replies

• Jennifer76elena
    Jennifer76elena Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I cut up celery and put long pieces in a clean peanut butter container & bring a half full peanut butter with me on long work days. I just dip the long celery in the peanut butter for protein. I eat alot of veggies, fruits, cheese, nuts... all bought in bulk so they're cheaper. I portion them out each day. I eat things like yogurt & cheese earlier in the day for safety, even with a cold/ice pack, I eat things that can go bad first. Not to be weird but I eat things like beans or eggs later at home, so I don't fart in front of other people and don't have any stomach issues while at work. Water with lemon or lime is good too. So I don't feel the urge to buy soda, I buy the lime flavored fizxy water at Trader Joe's (4 small for 2$ or 4 big for 4$). Food high in protein and fat, and safe to keep in lunch box all day like peanut butter or nuts are great for eating in the car. Make sure you buy foods you actually like and will eat, so you won't be tempted to buy fast food/takeout.
  • cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    mason jar salads - tons of recipes on line.
  • princess0lexi
    princess0lexi Posts: 3,938 Member
    Options
    sandwich wrap, lots of ideas on line and you can put all kinds of veggies and meat in there to make it taste good also you could try a veggie and fruit bento box, it can have some veggies or fruits you like and if you cook meals and have left overs, they can go in there. bento box`s can be fun and pretty easy.
  • Cowgirly
    Cowgirly Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    One thing I heard at a weight watchers meeting once was to get a veggie party tray and meat and cheese party tray from Costco and divide it up- a little more expensive than cutting/cleaning them yourself BUT fast and easy and cheaper than eating out. You could throw veggies in a baggie, meat & cheese in another and maybe a few crackers and it would be fine in a lunch bag style cooler. If you freeze a water bottle it will work as an ice pack. I think the biggest challenge is preparing ahead, that's why I shared this idea :)
  • ivygirl1937
    ivygirl1937 Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    sandwich wrap, lots of ideas on line and you can put all kinds of veggies and meat in there to make it taste good also you could try a veggie and fruit bento box, it can have some veggies or fruits you like and if you cook meals and have left overs, they can go in there. bento box`s can be fun and pretty easy.

I second this idea - there is an awesome thread on here about bento boxes if you need ideas.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10043413/using-bento-boxes-for-lunches#latest