How Do I get new foods into the database?

Options
I want to add My foods to the community database so others won't be befuddled by how much a Taco Bell beefy burrito may have set them back. Can anyone tell me whether the MFP database is open to all registered users or is there some reason I can't do this/expect this of the app?

Replies

• CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    There are already millions of food items in the Food Database.

​Please see these articles, and search for answers to Frequently Asked Questions and other helpful articles, on the MFP Help/FAQ pages...

https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/en/portal/topics/455841-general-questions-getting-started/articles

https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/en/portal/topics/455840-food-diary-and-food-database/articles
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    I want to add My foods to the community database so others won't be befuddled by how much a Taco Bell beefy burrito may have set them back. Can anyone tell me whether the MFP database is open to all registered users or is there some reason I can't do this/expect this of the app?

Yes it is open to all users to add items to the database, but "Taco Bell beefy burrito" is actually in the database already.

If your search doesn't find the food you wish to enter, scroll to the bottom of the page. It says "Can't find what you're looking for? Add a food to the database", and you can then ad the details of your new food.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    TonyB0588 wrote: »

Yes it is open to all users to add items to the database, but "Taco Bell beefy burrito" is actually in the database already.

If your search doesn't find the food you wish to enter, scroll to the bottom of the page. It says "Can't find what you're looking for? Add a food to the database", and you can then ad the details of your new food.

My page does NOT say this at the bottom.