Thanks for your patience with me and all my dumb questions

Options
henjanelli
henjanelli Posts: 15 Member
I have to admit that I'm finding this app hard to get the hang of. There's a lot going on with the app which causes me to feel overwhelmed and unable to figure out how to mAke the program work. I'm finding it really challenging. And from the perspective of a formerly small person who is now 60 lbs overweight - weighing in at 210 pounds (up from 140 18 months ago) I simply must get a handle on my weight and health.so I'm hoping for some input on how to deal with these issues:

- Now that the clock has flipped over to 12am - turning from Tuesday to Wednesday, all my carefully curated food and exercise entries from yesterday seem to have vanished. How can I pull them into my week to week reporting?

- Ever since the clock struck midnight tonight - taking us from March 20-April 1 - the app doesn't seem to want to accept my food or exercise inputs. In fact it keeps kicking me out when I try to enter items into my planned eating and exercising plans for today (Thursday, April 1).

- The info I can get on yesterday's seemingly succcessful entries for food and exercise is very minimal. I need the full report from yesterday's food intake + exercise in order to have a clear idea of where I'm going and how I'm getting there

Basically, I'm totally befuddled. I really want to become proficient with this app because it gets rave reviews. But I definitely need some help to make this happen.

And PS, I am a paying, premium customer.

Thank you!

Replies

• henjanelli
    henjanelli Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Ps: I meant to say that the clock hitting midnight means we've gone from March 30-April 1, not March 10-April 1. Sorry!
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    It's all still there, just click the little calendar near the date box.

Ask any questions you like until you get the hang of it :)
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    And March has 31 days so it is the 31st now.
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    It would help if you told us what version of the app you are using. There are slightly different ways to do things for each version. There are three different versions, the iOS mobile app for iPhone and iPad, the Android mobile app for Android phones, and the web version for computers and laptops. Which version or versions are you using?
  • mymfpkatie
    mymfpkatie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm using the iOS, and a new problem I'm having is that once I've entered a day's worth of food an activity I can't figure out how to manually flip over to the next day. It seems I have to wait until the app automatically flips over to the next day. Is there anyway to flip back and forth between days?
    Thanks so much for all your help!
  • infinitynevermore
    infinitynevermore Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    mymfpkatie wrote: »
    I'm using the iOS, and a new problem I'm having is that once I've entered a day's worth of food an activity I can't figure out how to manually flip over to the next day. It seems I have to wait until the app automatically flips over to the next day. Is there anyway to flip back and forth between days?
    Thanks so much for all your help!

I switch days all the time. For the food diary, you can hit where it says "Today" and it gives an option to change the date. Not sure about the exercise diary though... :/
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Invite some friends that have used the app fora long time although I'm not familiar for the paying site. You will get the hang of it and I which you good luck with your journey.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    There are lots of great people here who dont mind answering questions! Keep up the good work!