My first 5k! - Biggest Loser Runwalk Seattle

Options
amandzor
amandzor Posts: 386 Member
So I've been working my way through the Couch to 5k ap, and decided I -had- to sign up for a 5k in my area, to dedicate myself to it, and there's no better way than to register and pay! Money is one hell of a motivator.

So I signed up for the Biggest Loser RunWalk in Seattle on October 13th. I'm super excited! And waaaay nervous. I don't want to fail miserably, but it gives me a goal to work towards.

Is anyone else in the Seattle Area doing the same? If not, you definately should.

Progress, march on!

Replies

• HacheraTsarine
    HacheraTsarine Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    You only fail at a 5K by not participating. It doesn't matter if you come up first or last or if you finish the last K walking.

I did the Color Me Rad 5K in Montreal last year. It was my first 5K. There were children, families, elderly people, athletes, all sorts of people, really. And we all had a great deal of fun. Since I'm not athletic at all (I really suck at any kind of sports), it's one of my biggest accomplishments so far.

I'm excited for you! It's going to be so much fun! Wait and see!
  • Rosplosion
    Rosplosion Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    That's great! I just did my first "official" 5K last weekend. I walked a lot, but I finished 41:12. That is about a :30 faster per mile than my previous record. I consider that a big win for me because in the past I would NEVER have signed up for something like that. Not only am I happy to have finished, but now I have an official time to beat and something to work towards each time I go running.

I don't think there is a "fail" category in the run/walk 5Ks. Just keep moving and you'll succeed.
  • danlarson
    danlarson Posts: 27
    Options
    I too am using the same philosophy. Signed up in April for a 5K Warrior Dash on September 7th...talked 8 of my family in friends to join me and now I am committed!

I to am using the C25K app with only six weeks until the race. I haven't run for 30 years and have a new hip a year or so ago. I'm going to finish if have to crawl.

Good luck on your race I am rooting for you!
  • ygglove
    ygglove Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try and do the Color Run in October!