How much water to nix hunger pains?

Options
I am an idiot and managed to not only forget to bring a lunch but also forgot my bank card to snag something out of the vending machine. I am mad hungry but eating is not an option for 7 more hrs. I remember that water can squash hunger pains but I don't recall how much to drink. (No, I can't run home and get it. I live 45 minutes from work by and have no DL)

I promise this is a one off. I'm just trying to make it through the day so I can nosh on all the things.

Replies

• trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Just drink when you feel hungry. After a litre or so you'll feel full.

Caffeine is a good appetite suppressant, so hit up some black coffee.
  • WanderingRivers
    WanderingRivers Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Nah. I just tend to nosh at my desk and use nice weather to walk while I'm at lunch. :)
  • WanderingRivers
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    Where are all the food saboteurs that bring free food to work?

I can't help. Water does nothing to curb my hunger.

No pitch in this week. Lol. I wish someone around me had snacks. Ah well. It is what it is. That'll teach me to let stuff back where it needs to be.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options

^Someone must have an extra yogurt in the fridge, or a can of soup in their desk that you can borrow.
  • WanderingRivers
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »

^Someone must have an extra yogurt in the fridge, or a can of soup in their desk that you can borrow.

Meh. I'm sucking down water and I found a pack of gum in my purse so that's helping a little.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Water can help me for an hour if I feel a little snack-ish before dinner, but it's not going to replace lunch. I would be asking anyone I could find in the office to buy me something out of the machine and I'll pay them back tomorrow. And if not, I'd say I had a migraine and had to go home, because without eating all day I'd end up getting myself hangry-fired.
  • texasleahgirl
    texasleahgirl Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Coffee works better than water for me.
  • kristikitter
    kristikitter Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    No drinks curb my hunger, if it's real hunger. I just feel sick and pee a lot...

Worth experimenting to see if you are the opposite, though, but the amount of water is probably determined by your current weight, the level of hunger, how much you usually drink, and a buttload of other factors.
  • castlerobber
    castlerobber Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Drinking bunches of water just leaves me waterlogged and hungry. Thirst <> hunger.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Water is not a meal replacement. You go to work with no money at all? And forget your lunch?
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Why wouldn't you just ask a colleague, they buy lunch today, you buy tomorrow?
  • WanderingRivers
    Options
    Water is not a meal replacement. You go to work with no money at all? And forget your lunch?

Most times I have leftovers but I didn't have any from last night and I only discovered my bank card was not in my wallet AFTER my spouse dropped me off. Not one of my better ADD days.
  • WanderingRivers
    Options
    Why wouldn't you just ask a colleague, they buy lunch today, you buy tomorrow?

Because there isn't anyone I'm close with like that. Pretty much everyone in my dept is a temp so folks come and go constantly. I am literally the longest serving rep here and I leave next Fri for a new job