Lose a stone in 5 weeks

Options
Is it possible to lose at least a stone in 5 weeks? Has anyone done it any tips how to do it? I know it's not a healthy amount to lose in a short time so please don't moan at me

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Only if you are morbidly obese.. that is almost 3 lbs/week. It might be possible to lose a lot of water weight, if you go from a very high carb diet, to a very low carb diet.. but it won't be fat. Our bodies have limitations on how much fat we can oxidize in a given day.
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    2lb/week is the healthiest recommendation for losing weight and that is, as @psuLemon said, is if you're morbidly obese. So sorry, you're getting the moans.

Eat at a proper calorie deficit and keep at it. If you don't make your goal you're at least weighing less than you do right now.
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    • Possible - Yes
    • Safe - In certain circumstances, maybe.
    • Likely - No
    • Sustainable - Very unlikely
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    If you know it's not healthy, then why are you attempting to do it?
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    I did a bit better than that to start. But I was morbidly obese and still don't recommend it. I had ~ 130 lbs to lose.

How heavy are you?
  • suenewberry81
    suenewberry81 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I've got 50lbs to get to my target but want to be a dress size smaller by the end of May which is really 7 weeks
    I know it's unlikely I've been messing around and not sticking to the plan 100% maybe not even 70% and I've lost 6lbs in 4 weeks
    I did have a goal of 21lbs in 11weeks
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    You are in a good place now. Try not to jump the gun. You will thank yourself long term.
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    jadab7546 wrote: »
    only in case you are above 280 lbs (unsustainable) but if you are not you dont need to rush, losing a stone is not a big deal but doing it at the risk of your health is unwise, things can go better with patience and persistence, I suggest you start using an herbal drink "beyond weight management tea" for a healthy and long lasting weight loss, although it is not gonna do what you are aiming for but will help you get in shape in a healthy way.

An herbal drink ain't gonna do it.

If you need to fit into a certain dress, then look into shapewear. I'm not saying don't try to lose weight. You can try but try to do it in a more sustainable manner so it doesn't come rebounding back after the event. And find some good shapewear for the dress.

• BlueSkyShoal
    BlueSkyShoal Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    A stone is 14 pounds, right? In seven weeks you might be able to do it, at two pounds a week.
  • Rogstar
    Rogstar Posts: 216 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    This made me think...it's really not a guarantee that losing 14lbs would get you into a lower dress size in the first place.

Since January, I've lost about 15lbs. My short term goal at the time was to lose ~20lbs to get into Onderland before next Thursday (currently sitting at 201.6 :smiley: ) which I still might hit, but if not, that's OK. We're going to a wedding out of state, and turning it into a mini vacation, and I wanted to get down into a lower dress size before then. I even held off dress shopping until this weekend because I thought I might lose so much weight that if I bought a dress too early, it would be too big on me!

Well...so far, I have lost fat from my face, several inches off my upper arms, thighs, hands, chest (not bust though, did my boobs really get bigger?), and maybe my clothes fit better. But no inches have been lost from my waist or hips, so im pretty much in the same dress size as I was three months ago.

That's not to say it was all for nothing. Quite the contrary, my legs and arms look so much better! And, my collarbone is so much more defined! Oh yeah, and I feel good :smile: But losing just to get into a lower dress size in a certain time period can be a bit unpredictable. Set yourself a reasonable goal (1-2lbs a week is good) and if you hit it YAY! If not, that's ok too! Whatever you can do to make progress. And after the end of May you can continue to work on other goals!

Good luck!