How much weight did you gain while pregnant?

Options

Replies

• AnnaCVis
    AnnaCVis Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I started at 137 and ended my pregnancy at 195, so about 60lbs. I am 4.5 months postpartum now and weigh 158. The weight came off quickly at first and now I'm having to work at it. It's different for everyone.
  • hilhilbean
    hilhilbean Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    With my first, I gained 15 pounds. She was just under six pounds (born on her due date).

With my second, approximately 15 pounds. 7lbs5oz and born three days after due date.

With my third, at my last appointment the morning before I gave birth, I had lost 13 pounds from my initial weigh in (he was also three weeks early and would have been my largest baby had he waited - 7lbs5oz).

I've joked for years (that was 15 years ago) that at that rate, I should have just kept having babies. =D
  • brookielaw
    brookielaw Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I'm appalled at myself to admit this, but when all was said and done, 75 lbs. It was a very depressing and complicated pregnancy (lots of bedrest, resulting depression, and comforting myself with crap food) but she was a perfectly normal and healthy weight and thankfully has no health complications. It took me 14 months to lose the baby weight, but I am now 158 lbs below that maximum baby weight so the only thing she will know/remember in her lifetime is a healthy, active Mama who eats healthy, works out, and leads by example.
  • alida1walsh
    alida1walsh Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I gained 55 lbs with full term twin pregnancy despite dreadful morning sickness the whole way through. I could hardly keep good down.

I gained 50 lbs with my second pregnancy. I went 2 weeks over because of excess amniotic fluid.
  • diane4734
    diane4734 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Gained 70 with my first. Took 2 years to get back to normal weight. Gained 40 with my second and 1 year to get back. For me I felt sick if I didn't eat.
  • sammyjo0218
    sammyjo0218 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Both of my pregnancies were around 15lbs gain. Nursing helped lose baby weight faster. Gaining and losing weight varies on metabolism, genetics, medical conditions, what your food intake is like and how active you are.
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    I gained 15lbs but I also was pushing 290 and considered morbidly obese so my docs tried to make sure I didnt gain any more than that
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    I can't even fathom those who are back in their pre-pg jeans within a few days! I took a pic on my boys' due date (15 days after their birth) and I still looked 5 months pregnant. It definitely took a while for things to go back into place and to lose the last of the weight!
  • SafioraLinnea
    SafioraLinnea Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    I gained 17 pounds by her delivery date at 41w. I was told to aim for 15-25 pounds gained maximum due to my starting weight of 210 on a 5'3.5" frame.

My daughter was 7lbs13oz so a great size.
  • laurenj915
    laurenj915 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    20 with the first, 40 with the second, 45 with the third. I struggled and agonized over every single pound. I never enjoyed being pregnant because of the weight gain.
  • Niki_Fitz
    Niki_Fitz Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I gained 17lbs my second pregnancy.

I have 10 of those stubborn pounds left to lose, which I lost last summer but found that maintaining it is hard with my schedule wrapping around the little one.

My first baby is 14 years old now, and with her I LOST weight because I was 20 lbs overweight and it was extremely stressful because her dad left me while I was pregnant and I was 21 and in school... Also, she arrived early which probably kept the last month of weight off - I am grateful that she was perfectly healthy.
  • janisvin
    janisvin Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I gained about 40lbs and didn't have much trouble losing it.
  • Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Gained 45lbs with my twins. I was 113lbs when I got pregnant and lost weight in the first couple of months due to horrible morning sickness. I was put on bed rest at 8 weeks until they were born at 34 weeks and when the morning sickness subsided the only things I was able to do was read, watch TV and eat. It took me 9 months to lose the weight. I gained 35 with my daughter 4 years later, had an easy pregnancy and lost the weight in 6 months. Having a newborn and 4 year old twin boys is a pretty good weight loss program lol. Now doing battle with menopause weight :(.
  • Macy9336
    Macy9336 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I gained 65lbs with both babies. First baby exercised a lot throughout, easy pregnancy, tough birth. Second baby was fainting constantly, couldn't exercise at all, easy birth. Both babies didn't eat much extra..maybe an extra yogurt a day. I lost the weight pretty quickly, three months or so with both. I chalk that up to breastfeeding and baby wearing plus adding in mild exercise.
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,770 Member
    Options
    I gained 27 pounds with all three of my (successful) pregnancies. Started each time with a BMI around 20. Babies ranged in size from 7lbs3oz to 8lbs5oz...and grew progressively larger. They also arrived progressively earlier, and I imagine if I'd gone a full 40 weeks with number three he would have been a ten pounder.

With baby #1 I was extremely careful with what I ate, but didn't do much exercise beyond walking and a little prenatal yoga (I'd miscarried my prior pregnancy, so I was overly cautious this time). No morning sickness or weird cravings (aside from Chick-fil-a lemonade). I was working a part-time retail job that kept me on my feet, and a part time office job. With #2, I kept busy chasing a toddler around, and had aversions to anything fried or any kind of seafood (now these happen to be my middle child's favorite things to eat). During my last pregnancy, I was exercising regularly...doing everything from zumba to pilates and even a little lifting (nothing too heavy).
  • Tabbycat00
    Tabbycat00 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    24 lbs.
  • JButterfly5
    JButterfly5 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My first child, 20lbs, second child 25lbs, third 30lbs.
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    yst56vqm4169.png
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    7 mo pp, I gained almost 60 lbs during my pregnancy, and a good part of it in the 1st trimester.

I didn't get morning sickness, instead my mouth watered like a starving person and I glugged milk like there was no tomorrow.
  • abbynormalartist
    abbynormalartist Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    With my second I gained about 20lbs. It would have been way more except I had morning (all day) sickness for the first 20 weeks.