"My Foods"

Options
CynthiasChoice
CynthiasChoice Posts: 1,047 Member
I've used MFP for years, but what I really want to do now is create a list of my regular foods that's easy and quick to use, alphabetized by the name of the food, not the brand, "organic" "steamed" "raw" and so forth. And I want to only include the foods that I've crossed referenced to make sure the numbers are correct.

Is "My Foods" the place to do this? I would appreciate any help you can offer.

Replies

• lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,966 Member
    Options
    "My Foods" is automatically populated by foods you create or edit.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Yep! When you create a new food entry, it goes into your My Foods section.
  • CynthiasChoice
    Options
    How do you delete foods in "My Foods"? and how do you edit a food?
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,966 Member
    Options
    I don't think you can delete foods in "my foods." You can edit them, though, from the my foods tab, including the name of the food, so you could start by basically overwriting foods in your my foods list that you don't want in that list with foods that you want in the list that aren't there.
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    How do you delete foods in "My Foods"? and how do you edit a food?

You can delete only personal food items (not shared with the Food Database) from My Foods. If you have created foods using the mobile apps, they will be personal food items.

If you created a My Foods item on the web version and shared with the public Food Database, you can not delete that shared item. You can edit it, but it will remain on your My Foods list. The only recourse to get a shared food item off of your My Foods list is to convince another user to edit that public food item so that "ownership" transfers to their account and the shared food item drops off of your My Foods list.

If you have personal items on your My Foods list, on the web version you will see an edit button plus a delete button when you view the nutrition information for that personal food item.
  • CynthiasChoice
    Options
    Thanks everyone!