WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2017

Options
barbiecat
barbiecat Posts: 16,925 Member
pz88979f90im.jpg
Staying faithful to my healthy eating and exercise plan is important to me. Checking in with other like minded women has helped me stay on track. That's what this thread is about. I can't do this alone.

How did you do with your goals or resolutions for March?
What goals or resolutions have you planned for April?
Having goals or resolutions for the month is not required. We all have our ways to take the steps to get where we want to go.

If you are new, we welcome you and hope you'll keep coming back.
If you've been on this thread before, we welcome you back and hope we'll see you here regularly.

Join the conversation and you'll soon feel that you've known us forever.

Don't forget to bookmark this thread so you can find it again.

Also, sign your post with a name and a location to make it more personal.

<3 Barbie from beautiful NW Washington

March Resolutions (with end of the month comments)
*log food and exercise daily (didn't miss a day) :)
*meditate daily (didn't miss a day) :)
*do physical therapy exercises daily (did them for a few days and then not at all) :'(
*60 squats a day on days I don't have dance class (did them for a few days and then not at all) :'(

April Resolutions:
* plank three times a week
*meditate daily
*log food and exercise daily
*putter in the yard twice a week

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,554 Member
    Options
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Thanks, Barbie for leading us forward. We appreciate your dedication and love you for your caring friendship.

Janetr okc
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,091 Member
    Options
    <3<3
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Hi Gals,

Sue – do the boots have arch support? I like the price!

Heather – “playing nurse” sounds like something you stepped up to. France for a couple of days! Sounds amazing!

Lisa – Great post! Sorry to hear about Cory’s slow healing wrist, but all the rest seems bright!

NYKaren – my Mom used to get UTI every year or so, and is a crappy patient… finally got her to do 6 oz of cranberry juice every day and has not had one since, it’s been 6+ years.

Barbie – take care – sending hugs Thanks for the new page!

Smiles

Kim from N. California
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,056 Member
    Options
    Thanks Barbie!

Goal to get into Physical Therapy to hopefully heal my knee.

:heart: Margaret
  • Dynamis600
    Dynamis600 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Lisa, Thinking of your husband have a look at speeding up bone healing in google and it will tell you what vitamins and minerals are needed for bone formation. Also bone broth is good for it too.
    Sounds exciting all of the job changes coming up for you, all the best for Monday.

Pam, wonderful what a milestone getting back into heels. Well done on the steps.

Kelly, all the best with the trip hopefully your hubby's pain meds kick in and he will enjoy it too.

KarenVA. Olivia is beautiful.

Katla, sounds lovely to have an otter on your doorstep I love them too but have only seen them in the zoo.

Leigh, well done on your food planning for your night out. Great NSV.

Heather, good on you hope you have a lovely restful time in France. Would love to go there but sadly probably wont be happening. Instead I watch the Tour De France and see all the beautiful scenery.

KarenNY, check out cranberry tablets or juice, on google, very good for UTI's both in prevention and treatment. Hope you continue to improve.

Barbie, hope Jake continues to improve. Thanks for starting the new thread.

Becca, pretty much doing what you are doing diet wise but I am at the beginning.

New Month,

Goals going no sugar, low carbish around 75gms a day, high proteins and fats.
    Aim to lose 4lbs a month but will probably do more as I have a lot to lose.

Go to GP and get chronic disease plan, for referral to exercise physiologist so I feel safe in the exercise I do. Start exercise regimen.

Kicking myself this morning I made up my sons chocolate but forgot to put his meds in only found out this morning when I saw the mortar and pestle filled with powdered meds, makes sense why he didn't sleep last night, haven't done that in ages, blame it on foggy brain.
  • dreamwriter
    dreamwriter Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Paula- That is such a great NSV, to be an inspiration to your son.

Kim- I'm glad that you could get your nephew the bed he needed.

Heather - Sexual abuse is such a tough subject to broach. You do need to have the discussion with your kids before your memoir is finished. Both my husband and I are survivors of sexual abuse although not by a family member. I once lied to my counsellor and told her that I didn't remember most of it but that was not the truth. I remember ever sordid detail about it.

Katla - I hope your DH gets his glasses soon. He must have been so disappointed.
    I had a bout with reflux last night but I should have known not to eat that delicious reuben sandwich. I'm a slow learner. First bout in a very long time.

Lisa - I'm sorry for your news on Corey's wrist. He must be so frustrated.
    Congratulations on your 5 lb. loss. I have no clue where I stand this month as I have not been to my weight loss nurse in quite a few weeks.

Karen in Virginia - Olivia is such a sweetheart!

Marcelyn - This must be such an exciting time for you.

Allie - Hang in there, woman. Keep refining your plans and keep your eyes open. Your heart knows the truth. Sending you positive thoughts and prayers.

I'm not going to go through everything that has been playing through my life for the last little while. This post would go on for miles.

My DD and my DSIL have been in the Dominican this past week. The other set of grandparents took a week vacation and moved in with the grandchildren. We haven't seen them all week but are getting together for supper tomorrow. Wilma can be very critical of their household so I hope we don't get into it because I can be very defensive of my daughter. On the whole I think they are doing a great job with the kids. I know the kids will come home to their cupboards reorganized, new bedding, different vitamins and supplements. It drives DD crazy but they mean well.

DDIL flew in on Tuesday for her Grandpa's funeral. She is staying with us but we have seen very little of her. She will fly home on Sunday. There was a huge fight with DS before she came here. He shoved her which is never okay. It is the first time I have ever known him to get physical with her. He is finding a counsellor, going back to his NA meetings, etc. DDIL told me he had phoned and apologized. I told her not to accept it if he didn't do something to help himself. We have all been very worried about his mental health since his brother took his own life. He is also considering going back on his antidepressant. I am praying that he can sort this out.

My older brother has given us each our little lectures on life. He wanted my sister to take some responsibility for her health. He asked her to start walking. She asked me to walk with her. Now she has decided that I am picking on her when I ask her to walk. I do not have the energy for this. It is now in her court to let me know when she is ready to walk. Ironically my big walk today was to her house. Les is home from Texas for the weekend and decided to buy us all Chinese food. It doesn't fit well with No Sugar eating. It was good to see my niece and her fiance. The ring is very nice.

We went to visit my double cousin last night. They have moved him from Calgary to the Lethbridge Hospital. He can't eat so is getting everything through intravenous and feeding tubes. Even with all the anti nausea meds he is still prone to vomiting. They had removed his esophagus , the Cancer is back in the same spot. He has had the maximum radiation. They will meet with the oncologist on Monday to see if more chemo would be beneficial. If they go ahead this will be his 7th round. It was good to see him and share some laughs. We took Sherry out for vanilla milkshake and more of a visit. She just kept saying it wasn't fair. It isn't . Their plan has always been to make it to at least their 60th anniversary. They have made it 51 so far. It is hard, he has always been healthy and active. They were high school sweethearts. This one is really making me sad.

Working tomorrow.
    Will post goals later.

-Sharon in Lethbridge (they tell me it is going to snow again. Uggh)
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK <3
  • pitegny
    pitegny Posts: 1,006 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Quick check in to say that my March goal progress was mixed. I lost 10 pounds, pretty much on track. I did increase my walking for most of the month, but had to cut way back at the end because of my leg. My desk is still cluttered, so failed miserably there.

April goals:
    Lose 8-10 pounds
    Walk an average of 6000 steps per day, more if the leg improves
    Declutter my desk

Penny: sending you loads of rainbow thoughts for a better month is April.
    Sharon: so sorry about your cousin, hope his oncologist will find a successful treatment.
    Heather: hope you enjoy your French jaunt. If you ever come to the eastern part, let me know.
    Charlotte (mummoid): don't feel bad about missing the meds once, it is a really small thing.

Heather: I read today that the UK is returning to the imperial system of measurements with Brexit. Is that true? I would think that would be very confusing.

- Leigh in France
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,217 Member
    Options
    Penny - Sending (((((HUGS))))) I have those blue patches too. I had one last weekend, but it's passed, thank goodness. Checking in with us and not working so hard might do it. :D:flowerforyou: I'm sure all that editing can't be good for your mood.

I managed to put on a bit of weight in March. I regained the weight I'd lost through my illness in Mexico. :'( So I commit to not eating back all my exercise calories on home based days. At least 100 under. That gives me 1700 to play with which is fine. I want to lose 2 lbs. They are very pesky pounds and like to stick.

Every day I complete my exercise regime it feels like a miracle. 1 hr 40 mins. I really can't believe this is me. :D Also a huge sense of relief that I can eat. I do a bit of everything every day except on yoga day. Rowing, elliptical, cycling. Then mat work - bit of yoga, pilates, balance work, plank. Then dumbell lifting and more balance. Then, DONE! :laugh:
    Tonight we are having the Hairy Bikers' Lamb Tagine. Yum!

Kim - I enjoyed playing doctor. I followed the U tube video of two consultants doing the manoeuvre. DH is completely back to normal today. It really frightened him.

Karen - I often go away to visit people without DH , but it's some time since I went on holiday entirely alone, with no tour group or anything. Usually there is someone to meet at the destination. I did go to Santiago de Compostela all by myself for my 50th birthday and I adored the place, but I was a bit lonely eating all alone on my birthday. The waiter was very nice to me. I wasn't happy in my life then though and had no one to come back to. I hope this time it will feel less strange. I do start to go a bit bonkers if I am too long by myself!!! :o;)
    If I don't visit France for a bit I start to get a bit of yearning. I love speaking French. La Rochelle was the easiest, cheapest place to get to and my yoga friend really enjoyed it. I've holidayed with DH just over the bridge on the Ile de Re, where you can hire cycles and spend the whole time cycling about - fabulous! But we didn't go to La Rochelle as there's a toll on the bridge! :laugh:

Now I'm doing all this booking I'm going to have to get the #@$$÷× printer attached to the new modem. $÷××%=÷×+!!!!!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx