Getting Away

Options
I'm having a lot of trouble steering clear of unhealthy and fattening foods.

What are some tips or tricks for better will power?

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Preplan and prelog your day. Some people refuse to let those foods into the house. Others use moderation to eat them.

No food by itself is "unhealthy" or "fattening". It comes down to your overall diet and calorie intake.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Stop buying them. You cant eat them if they're not in your kitchen to tempt you.
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Preplan and prelog your day. Some people refuse to let those foods into the house. Others use moderation to eat them.

No food by itself is "unhealthy" or "fattening". It comes down to your overall diet and calorie intake.

^^This. I find I have much better success if I already have a game plan at the beginning of the day of what I'm going to eat, treats included.
  • Krby13
    Krby13 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I just can't have certain things around me when I'm dieting. I have very little self control because I know in the end I'll find a way to justify eating it. Sometimes buying things that come already portioned out helps (or portioning them out yourself). Also eating foods that make you feel fuller, longer can help with cravings.
  • wellthenwhat
    wellthenwhat Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Same. Some things are not worth having in the house. If i'm really having a craving for something, I buy it, though, and portion appropriately. Or sometimes just eat it all, lol
  • heather7michele
    heather7michele Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Stop buying them. You cant eat them if they're not in your kitchen to tempt you.

I can't not buy them. My fiance is not dieting nor does he plan to. I keep asking him to get on board with me and he wont. So I need to force myself not to eat those foods.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    There's no trick, you just have to not. Get in the mindset that they are not for you, if you can't be moderate and fit them in.
  • Ocean_Breezy
    Ocean_Breezy Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Me too. And there's no trick. I weigh and meal prep 5 days worth of food to make it grab-and-go. It gets easier over time.
  • EHollander89
    EHollander89 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Krby13 wrote: »
    I just can't have certain things around me when I'm dieting. I have very little self control because I know in the end I'll find a way to justify eating it. Sometimes buying things that come already portioned out helps (or portioning them out yourself). Also eating foods that make you feel fuller, longer can help with cravings.

I completely agree with buying portioned items or portioning on your own with baggies or whatever. I love to eat cashews, but I cannot allow myself to buy a large can. I like to buy the 100 calorie packs. It costs a little extra money at the grocery store, but it definitely helps me to stay on track.
  • fjmartini
    fjmartini Posts: 1,149 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I'm having a lot of trouble steering clear of unhealthy and fattening foods.

What are some tips or tricks for better will power?

What type of food are you speaking of? Foods filled with fat but are low in carbs and moderate in protein aren't actually fattening if you keep carbs low.