When will i notice résults?

Options
30-45lbs overweight 154 5'1 need to be at around 115-120. 5 days in of cleaning eating and workout. When can i notice scale budge as of now nothing :( when could i expect to see resulta.

Replies

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    It's different for everyone. As long as you are eating at a deficit your weight will start to come down.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Take measurements now and lots of before pictures so that you can pay attention to your progress without having to count on the scale.
  • BonnieDundee78
    BonnieDundee78 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Yeah, beware of Clean Eating. You can eat as "clean" as you like (and while it's totally unnecessary, there is no harm in doing do if that's your jam), but if you don't actually create a calorie deficit, then you won't lose weight.
  • jla2425
    jla2425 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I am eating at a déficit no diets just what mfp tells me. I just try to eat healthy foods and make mymacros aa best i can
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I never see the number budge on the scale for 2 weeks after starting a deficit. Everyone is a bit different, we dont all get those feel good beginner drops unfortunately. Hang in there.

Also if you have not already make sure you are logging accurately and get a food scale

~best wishes
  • sarochka85
    sarochka85 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    My scales stay the same for two weeks, then a tiny drop in weight (say, half a kg), rinse and repeat. We're women and we don't gave THAT much weight to lose. We have to be patient.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    jla2425 wrote: »
    30-45lbs overweight 154 5'1 need to be at around 115-120. 5 days in of cleaning eating and workout. When can i notice scale budge as of now nothing :( when could i expect to see resulta.

5 whole days?!

I'd give it a few weeks...
  • STEVE142142
    STEVE142142 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Couple points. Clean eating means nothing you can eat clean and still gain weight any McDonald's hamburgers and lose weight. To lose weight it's just a matter of eating less calories than your body consumes.

As far as losing weight your genetics are going to determine that when you see results two weeks is not enough time to see any realistic results just as it didn't take you 2 or 3 weeks to put all the weight on it's not going to take you 2 or 3 weeks to lose everything. You have to look at this as a long-term process. It's a matter of educating yourself about your body and how the food you eat affects it
  • spiffychick85
    spiffychick85 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Just to give you an idea...I have similar stats as you...it took me about 3 weeks to see a decent drop on the scale....and I've lost several inches in that time. Now in week 4 and family has noticed my weight change, so it's become noticeable to others :) I know not everyone's the same, but hope it gives you some perspective. I've also been eating no more than 1500 calories a day...and most of it is "unclean" :D
  • freshmama06
    freshmama06 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    RodaRose wrote: »
    Take measurements now and lots of before pictures so that you can pay attention to your progress without having to count on the scale.

Ditto this. I didn't realize how heavy I was and how I looked. Looking at measurements and before pictures reallllly shows me how much I've lost and changed.