Looking for friends in 40s/50s

Options

Replies

• jiggles6669
    jiggles6669 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 50 and new to the community. "The Change" is kicking my butt as far as weight goes. Trying to figure out low calorie dieting, the meals and exercise. Off to a slow start, but I'll get there. Need help staying motivated and accountable. So the more friends the better. I need somebody to crack a whip!
  • jiggles6669
    jiggles6669 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    How do you add friends or make friend requests?
  • sisbinky83
    sisbinky83 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Click on their names. Their names will appear again. Click on it and it should have the option add friend.
  • LonnieBravo
    LonnieBravo Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    2nd go around here. My last cheat day started 6 months ago and ended last week
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    I am 46 ...Anyone feel free to add me ..Wishing you everybody much success :)
  • tommiei
    tommiei Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am new to the app and I need motivation also. Need to lose weight and keep it off. I am in my 50's and it doesn't come off as easy as it use to. I am hoping this will work if I have others who can help me stay on track and give me advice.
  • petegamer590
    petegamer590 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    A young acting 47 here. Feel free to add
  • fitnsassay
    fitnsassay Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Add me
  • cbl40
    cbl40 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    A 45 year old fitness instructor here! I keep an open diary. Feel free to add me. Best of luck!
  • Lone_wolf46
    Lone_wolf46 Posts: 2,711 Member
    Options
    Hi ya'll!
  • froggette2016
    froggette2016 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm 50 and trying to get my life back in control. New city, new job, new to MFP and new goals .... now to get rid of old weight! Add me, please!
  • CajunTess
    CajunTess Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I'm 48, and have found lots of active and motivating friends in my age group through the "middle-agers" thread here:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10485058/the-middle-agers-group-upper-30s-40s-50ish-folks/p1
  • KelGen02
    KelGen02 Posts: 668 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Just turned 48 in February ... feel free to add me. I log daily and my diary is open to friends.
  • PrincessMel72
    PrincessMel72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    44 here. Down 13lbs since getting back on MFP in late January. Feel free to add me. I login every day and my food diary is open
  • twinmombb
    twinmombb Posts: 60 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Hello,, I'm in, Just recently came back here and started making changes again.
    I just turned 43 yesterday!! yay lol
    Feel free to add me :)
  • SarcasticBlondie
    SarcasticBlondie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    41 here. Anyone can add me that wishes.
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    50 here, feel 80 sometimes, think I'm 20 sometimes. I'll just say I'm 20......plus 30.
  • rkeswick
    rkeswick Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Please add me in! Could use some support too - am restarting a plan as well now, so we are in the same boat.
  • BedsideTableKangaroo
    BedsideTableKangaroo Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    I'm 48, and have found lots of active and motivating friends in my age group through the "middle-agers" thread here:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10485058/the-middle-agers-group-upper-30s-40s-50ish-folks/p1

thanks for this link
  • sisbinky83
    sisbinky83 Posts: 6 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    OK so I said before I bought round sectioned containers (3 for each meal) and smaller containers for snacks and items that cannot fit in the round ones. My goal:
    The night before, pack the food I will eat for the next day so that everything will be planned out and I will not graze the frig.
    Progress: Today was the second day. It's early but I am not mindlessly eating as much as before. I still modify (75% successful) but I make sure to account for it in the MFP diary. I have managed to pretty stay within my calorie goal.
    Was not as hard as I thought to do.
    Will it help make a difference on the scale? I'll give it a week or two.
    Been recovering from a minor ankle injury so when I am able to exercise, I hope to see a real difference.