Healthy Snacks for picky eaters?

Even though I'm almost 21, I'm an extremely picky eater. I'm trying to expand my tastes during this process but since I just started, I need some snack ideas. And to put it in perspective, my one year old eats more foods than I do.

Replies

• IM_LA11
    IM_LA11 Posts: 10 Member
    How about some fruit? Or maybe cucumber/carrot sticks and houmous dip?
  • paurkreiman
    paurkreiman Posts: 3 Member
    I second carrot sticks or sliced bell peppers that you can dip in a low-cal tzatziki (Mediterranean yogurt.)

This is a weird one, but could be useful in special circumstances, like when you're at your limits on calories at the end of the day but just NEED to put something in your mouth. Sliced cucumber with pepper and a little bit of lemon juice. What is the rest of your food intake like? We can get some ideas and bounce some stuff off your tastes! I find myself snacking a lot when I'm not eating enough protein.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    edited April 2017
    How about starting with telling us what you do eat? What you don't like, and why?
    It would make making suggestions a whole lot easier!

On a side note though, I don't snack. I eat 2-3 meals a day because that's how I like to eat... I don't need to be eating constantly, and mini meals don't satisfy me or satiate me very long.
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    These are pretty good and only around 60 cals for the whole package. You can find roasted, flavored seaweed anywhere if you don't live near a Trader Joe's.

92743-roasted-seaweed-snack.png
  • nationalvillage3215
    nationalvillage3215 Posts: 78 Member
    Skinny Pop popcorn - only 39 calories per cup
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    These are pretty good and only around 60 cals for the whole package. You can find roasted, flavored seaweed anywhere if you don't live near a Trader Joe's.

92743-roasted-seaweed-snack.png

I've even found three packs at the 99 cent store.

Air popped popcorn is pretty good.