Profile picture not showing in posts

Options
Nat97x
Nat97x Posts: 19 Member

I am becoming really frustrated with my profile picture not showing in posts. I tried everything in my power to get it to work and nothing is showing results. What annoys me the most is that it's not a problem experienced equally across the site and many people who joined around the same time as me have no problems with their profile photos showing alongside posts. I really hope this will get resolved soon. I would love to know how many more people on here are experiencing this. :s

Replies

• JoshGouvisis
    JoshGouvisis Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    It takes a little bit for the system to update. Happens alot
  • Nat97x
    Options
    It's been six days though, today i got annoyed and changed it to see if it would make a difference, it didn't :s
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    I can see your picture. Maybe your Internet is slow.
  • Nat97x
    Options
    They don't show in the feed posts, but they show on the forum posts :/
  • creatinepuppet
    creatinepuppet Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Happened to me too. Myfitnesspal has one of the buggiest app in the industry
  • BigDougie1211
    BigDougie1211 Posts: 3,530 Member
    Options
    It's working now
  • creatinepuppet
    Options
    Still not showing for my case. Uninstalled, reinstalled, cleared data.
  • Tweaking_Time
    Tweaking_Time Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Log out - then log back in. Works every time.
  • creatinepuppet
    Options
    Just get used to it. If it's not this it will be something else. This week I can't log workouts. Last week
    I couldn't send friend requests. Week prior pictures were distorted.

Man. So buggy.

• creatinepuppet
    Options

Holy crap. This worked! Weird since i tried reinstall but did not work.
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options

It is not really that weird. The main MFP servers are different than the Community servers. The two server systems authenticate your accounts and issue a temporary lease. You could uninstall MFP from your phone and reinstall the same account which will login to the main MFP server with the same IP address, but will not affect the Community server account lease, since you are accessing the Community server using the already issued temporary lease for the same account and presumably the same IP address. Once you actually logout of the main MFP server, the main server to Community server lease is broken. When you login again, whether with or without a reinstall of the app, that forces the reauthentication between the main server and Community server, and any profile settings, such as profile pics will then get transferred to the Community server.
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    CyberTone wrote: »

It is not really that weird. The main MFP servers are different than the Community servers. The two server systems authenticate your accounts and issue a temporary lease. You could uninstall MFP from your phone and reinstall the same account which will login to the main MFP server with the same IP address, but will not affect the Community server account lease, since you are accessing the Community server using the already issued temporary lease for the same account and presumably the same IP address. Once you actually logout of the main MFP server, the main server to Community server lease is broken. When you login again, whether with or without a reinstall of the app, that forces the reauthentication between the main server and Community server, and any profile settings, such as profile pics will then get transferred to the Community server.

So are you in IT or what?

;)
    d4k0wigvtu0c.jpg