Prepared Meals

Options
Due to my being my husband's full time carer as well as working full time shift work, we started getting Wiltshire Farm Foods (Meals on Wheels) delivered about a year ago. We're not old, but as a carer it gives me one less thing to worry about. I sometimes work until the early hours of the morning and Wiltshire Farm Foods means that my husband gets a proper meal when I'm not home. He is unable to cook properly for himself but he can stick one of these in the oven.

Since starting my fitness and healthy eating regime in August, I've found Wiltshire really helpful. They do a Nutritious and Delicious range where the main meals are under 400 calories and the desserts are under 200 Calories. They detail not just calories but fibre, fats, sugars and protein on the packaging. The meals have helped me adapt to normal portion sizes too. I'd definitely recommend them for healthy eating on shift work. I just take one along to work with me and pop it in the microwave, which is great because most people in my office resort to buying junk food late at night, and these make it easy for me to decline, and they have less salt and sugar than supermarket ready meals.

Has anyone else used prepared meals to help them with their healthy eating, anything like diet chef, Wiltshire, Apetito or even the fresh veg boxes that come with recipes like Hello Fresh. What's your experience?