How late is too late to eat?

Options
13»

Replies

• ericpiccione
    ericpiccione Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Poopkh wrote: »
    What time should a person not eat after? 7? 8? Will eating like at 9 or 10 ruin my diet?
    Intermittent fasting would probably help you with that. Your body runs like a well oiled machine when it's not slowed down by large quantities of food. When you eat late at night it delays your bodies process to rebuild itself. So if possible it is wise to stop eating by around 7 and then start back up at 9 in the morning. You might get a little more info on that question through this link here. https://rippedbody.com/intermittent-fasting-leangains-introduction-benefits/
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    What time should a person not eat after? 7? 8? Will eating like at 9 or 10 ruin my diet?
    Intermittent fasting would probably help you with that. Your body runs like a well oiled machine when it's not slowed down by large quantities of food. When you eat late at night it delays your bodies process to rebuild itself. So if possible it is wise to stop eating by around 7 and then start back up at 9 in the morning. You might get a little more info on that question through this link here. https://rippedbody.com/intermittent-fasting-leangains-introduction-benefits/

That's not what the OP was asking. And meal frequency and timing is a personal thing. Eating later in the day does not slow the body down at all. The metabolism is an efficient thing...
  • Blubberbuster1
    Blubberbuster1 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Had only eaten 800 calories yesterday by the time I got ready for bed, quickly grabbed a protein shake, peanut butter and crackers, ate that right at 9:30pm. It was more important to get the calories in than to not eat. Not matter the time.
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    MichSmish wrote: »
    meal timing matters not.

Unless fasting
  • Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    When you're in bed is to late to eat. It's just not hygienic, you don't want to sleep where you eat.

Not hygienic? I think you're thinking of pooping. You're not supposed to eat where you poop.

I keep picturing crumbs and drops of food, lol

Oh. Well, I mean, it might be itchy and uncomfortable, but my bedding gets washed more often than the couch or kitchen chairs do, so I'm not worried about it.

I clean the table after every meal and sweep the dinning room everyday so it's clean and we don't eat in the living room but the thought of crumbs in the bed would keep me up all night, lol
  • crystalewhite
    crystalewhite Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    These responses crack me up! No crummies in the bed!
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Why would someone flag this

Why would anyone flag that??? :/
  • STEVE142142
    STEVE142142 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    In my opinion and based on my personal experience doesn't matter when you eat. It's just a matter of calories in vs. calories out.