Broken Foot- not active enough

Options
2 weeks ago I broke my foot and all my activity stopped. I have to keep my foot elevated to stop it from swelling; which has resulted in me sitting on the couch for two weeks. I enjoy being active and before breaking my foot I was going to the gym 5x a week and doing around 9000 steps a day. I could really use some tips tricks or exercises that I can use with my limited mobility. I'm in a cast for 6 more weeks.

Replies

• subcounter
    subcounter Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    Only two things come to mind:

Arm bikes, not sure if you have any around you?

Shadow boxing. You can sit and try to beat your reflection in the mirror. Bonus points for hooks and upper cuts :smile:

Just try to get your HR going.

• PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    Are you doing any physical therapy yet, or have you consulted with a therapist? Maybe they can point you in the right direction.
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Yes, I recommend a physical therapist if that's possible. Otherwise look for some videos of exercises for people who are stuck off their legs. They exist.
  • cbelc2
    cbelc2 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Try the rowing machine at the gym. Of course you can do upper body and even gluteal strengthening. You might want to invest in a one-time personal trainer session to give you tips.
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    cbelc2 wrote: »
    Try the rowing machine at the gym. Of course you can do upper body and even gluteal strengthening. You might want to invest in a one-time personal trainer session to give you tips.

I doubt a good personal trainer will work with someone with a broken foot without dr clearance.