The day after a binge

Options
2»

Replies

• Connieluvsfitness
    Connieluvsfitness Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    M_A_S_H wrote: »
    Question for those of you who are prone to bingeing. I would say 95% of the time I eat strictly my maintenance calories, but when I go over, I lose all control and binge. It's not ideal but I haven't been able to get a handle on it so my question is what to do the day after. Obviously I want to make up for those calories the rest of the week so I don't gain but mentally it's probably better if I just start the next day back to normal. Does that make sense? Anyone else with a similar situation?

I feel the need to binge after I detox. Ironically I detox because of binging. I think getting to the point of just eliminating "bad" food for good is just something that will take time. As long as you stay aware of your body and the way the food affects you , you'll be ok . Good luck this is something I'm working on too.
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    When I go massively over (which is in my case usually planned) I find I am just not hungry the next day and eat well below my target. One christmas I went over two days in a row. The day after I could not close is how low I was. Then another two days on the low side (could close) after than my appetite was normal again.
    Part of it I think was psychological but most certainly the first day it felt as if my body had had enough to digest and only wanted some vegetables and liquids
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I keep a deficit of 250 calories (or more if I can) because I know that I WILL eat more at least once a week. It's the only way I haven't gained the weight back in the last 3 years (and I've still gained a few pounds back because some weeks are just rough). Obviously though, losing too much weight never will be an issue for me, and I never even reached my goal weight.

Sadly I've never been one to be full the day after I overeat. I'm typically starving by 7am like my usual self.
  • kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    If I binge one day I'll fast the next day, but then I do IF. If I binge on sweets though I'm STARVING the next day and can't get satisfied. I've determined sugar is addictive and evil. :/
  • lady_ghost
    lady_ghost Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Maybe ur diet is too restrictive. It's normal to over eat once in a while but if this is becoming a habit I would look at ur diet again