Losing weight too fast?

Options
I had my calories to 1600 since I was working out 6 days a week burned on average 500-600 calories per session I would drop about 1.3- 1.5lbs a week . I changed my calories to 1200-1300 calories because I am unable to work out due to medication for being sick for a little while. But in the last week or so I've dropped 2.5lbs by doing NOTHING I feel like that's pretty fast? I drink almost a gallon of water a day, I eat all of my calories and eat a lot of veggies, fruits, protein and probiotics and try to make a perfect pie with my macros %recommended per day. I cut out soda, preservatives, breads, pasta, alcohol. But, I'm wondering if this quick drop is normal or not, maybe it's water weight? I eat 6-7 times per day to try and avoid starvation mode. I'm at 170lbs.

Replies

• BHFF
    BHFF Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I don't think 2 1/2 pounds in a week is drastic
    I think you will be OK just continue to monitor it and see what your weight-loss is like. Some of it could be water weight some of it might not be.
  • comeonnow142857
    comeonnow142857 Posts: 310 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I had my calories to 1600 since I was working out 6 days a week burned on average 500-600 calories per session I would drop about 1.3- 1.5lbs a week . I changed my calories to 1200-1300 calories because I am unable to work out due to medication for being sick for a little while. But in the last week or so I've dropped 2.5lbs by doing NOTHING I feel like that's pretty fast? I drink almost a gallon of water a day, I eat all of my calories and eat a lot of veggies, fruits, protein and probiotics and try to make a perfect pie with my macros %recommended per day. I cut out soda, preservatives, breads, pasta, alcohol. But, I'm wondering if this quick drop is normal or not, maybe it's water weight?

Sounds fine to me, if you're eating plenty of nutrients you're good to go. If you're dropping 2.5lbs EVERY week for a prolonged period it might to time to consider adding some cals, but weight drops are not linear and sometimes a large amount comes off at once. Nothing to worry about. Keep it up!
    I eat 6-7 times per day to try and avoid starvation mode.

don't. pure myth. Only eat 6-7 times a day if it makes you feel better/more satiated than eating fewer times a day. If you eat 7 times a day and your clone eats 2 times a day w/the same calories and nutrient profile, the results will be the same, except one will be saner (whichever one is on the meal frequency more comfortable for pyschology/satiety/digestion/practicality etc).
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    By doing NOTHING for a week, other than staying in what may be a 500-750 kcal daily deficit, you lost 2.5 lb most likely because your muscles healed from the stress and strain injuries of working out 6 days a week burning 500-600 calories per session. Water was needed for healing to occur. Once the muscles healed, the water was released.
  • SalmonSister
    SalmonSister Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Okay, thanks everyone for the input!

@filbo132 I warm up with cardio for about 20-30min or so and weight lift for the rest. Fishing season is near ;)