Best Cardio workout!

Options
13»

Replies

• maddiemadkins
    maddiemadkins Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    mazdauk wrote: »
    Zumba - loads of fun and burns a lot of calories (more than aerobics) if you put the effort in. Or clubbercise if there is a class near you - no-one can see if you go wrong because its dark! If you want a DVD, I like Davina McCall's workouts or Lorraine Kelly's "Living to the Max" is a hard but fun workout (you can make it less hard e.g. by only doing one section).

Love Zumba!!!
  • maddiemadkins
    maddiemadkins Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I got a fitbit for Christmas, and wearing that thing everyday has really forced me to get off my butt and move around much more than before. I consistently log in over 10000 steps a day and I can sync it up to MFP and the calories burned automatically show up. It's awesome and I highly recommend it.
  • jbirdgreen
    jbirdgreen Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    • I love Zumba as well. Maybe it's just me, but Zumba completely eliminated my need to go to the club...I don't have to get wasted to have a good time, no guys grinding up on me... I just show up and dance.
    • Spin is also very nice -- I love the mindlessness of it. No routines or theatrics -- just you pushing yourself to keep your legs moving. I loved doing it in the morning for that reason. Plus I used to get a serious energy/endorphin rush afterwards.
    • I like running intervals on the treadmill. I'm kind of new to doing that, so it's fun to watch myself get better and give myself crazy combos to see how well I do. I'll be like, let's see if I can do this next active minute at 9 incline and 6 speed...
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    depends on your current fitness level... depends on your timeline...depends on your commitment to you.
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    For me... I am currently enjoying a stair climb near my office... equivalent of about an 11 story building...the flights (number of stairs between landings) range from 8 to 16... the last 16 steps are killer... I also bicycle... and hit the elliptical at the gym... I intend to begin running once I unload another 20 lbs or so... BUT my focus has never been weight loss... My focus has been simply on increasing my fitness level...weight loss has just recently become a side effect.
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,522 Member
    Options
    Walk for as many hours as possible in a day. Aim for 8 then increase towards 24 hours. Once you achieve 24 hours then you should push further.

And, once a day, carry a piano up the stairs.