Almonds

Options
Hello,

I often eat almonds as a snack,usually 10 or 20 at a time.

I have found varying accounts both here and on the wider Web of how many calories almonds have and was wondering what fellow almond eaters would count for 20 almonds?

(I know many people insist on weighing,but I am happy counting nuts!)

Thanks in advance:)

Replies

• bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    If you don't want to weigh your almonds each time, do this:

Take 20 almonds and weigh them. Repeat 3 times and see if there is big difference between them.
    You can use the max of the three measurements for your entry going forward, that way you will tend to overestimate than underestimate.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    I would count them out on to the scale and log how much they weigh
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    So every Sunday I weigh out 5 containers of 22g of almonds. I just counted for you and there are 22 to 24 almonds in each portion. 22 grams is 131 calories according to USDA. I use dry roasted unsalted California almonds from the bulk section of my grocery store.
    I don't really think there's an accurate way of knowing how many calories are there without weighing. Sorry. However, if you're eating 20 almond portions and happy with your MFP progress, stay with it. Good luck!
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    As with the previous poster, I've found one almond weighs approximately 1 gram.
  • carla_maree
    carla_maree Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your replies (especially joans1976 for going to the effort of counting them for me - your kindness is much appreciated,thank you again)