Another dumb weight question !

Options
I asked for your advice regarding whether I should ditch the scale and you have been very helpful so thank you ! <3
Now , I decided to use an app to track my weight and also give myself a range. However , I am stuck again as I don't know what range I should aim for ! I am currently 5'2 and maintaining at about 110lbs. What range should I have ? Also , how many pounds do you guys have to gain until weight gain actually starts to show ?
Thanks a lot everyone for your help ! :D

Replies

• neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    My stats match yours. I'm also 5'2" with a main goal of 110lbs. After reading through this maintenance board a long time ago, I settled for a 108-114lbs range. If I find myself consistently at 108lbs, I eat a little more, and 114lbs is my "stop everything and deficit" weight.
    It's really an individual preference. Some people have wider maintenance ranges of 10lbs. Some people notice gains and losses more quickly than others.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    for me +/-5lbs works :smile:
  • JustDoIt987
    JustDoIt987 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    neldabg wrote: »
    My stats match yours. I'm also 5'2" with a main goal of 110lbs. After reading through this maintenance board a long time ago, I settled for a 108-114lbs range. If I find myself consistently at 108lbs, I eat a little more, and 114lbs is my "stop everything and deficit" weight.
    It's really an individual preference. Some people have wider maintenance ranges of 10lbs. Some people notice gains and losses more quickly than others.

Thats great :D ! I will do the same !
    Thank you
    Out of curiosity, do still track calories while maintaining? :)
  • JustDoIt987
    JustDoIt987 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    for me +/-5lbs works :smile:

Great! Thanks :)
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    For the first 3 years at maintenance I tracked my calories 80% of the time, then I decided to 'go it alone' and I've had no problems staying at my goal range - stopped tracking my meals in January '16.
    It's not for everyone but its certainly working for me. :smile:
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    neldabg wrote: »

Thats great :D ! I will do the same !
    Thank you
    Out of curiosity, do still track calories while maintaining? :)

Nice! Remember, if it doesn't work for you, you can always change it. :)
    I've been maintaining for over a year now, and I still track every day. Maybe like @RunRutheeRun I'll no longer need to track in the future, but as I am right now, my food diary keeps me accountable and on track.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    I don't want to track calories for more than a couple of weeks at a time, so my range is three pounds on the high side and more like 5 pounds on the low side.