Anyone else turning 30 this year?

Options
Hi all

I am turning 30 this year (though not until December!) and have a goal of being thin and thirty!

I have been yo-yoing for all of my adult life and lost and gained 20-40lbs each time.

I would like to lose as much as I can for my holiday in June though my ultimate goal is to feel good about myself by my birthday.

I am trying not to put too much pressure on as that is where I have fallen down before so I want to view it as a lifestyle change.

I started again in Feb and here are my stats

Height: 5'8.5"
SW: 192
CW: 180.5
GW: 150

I am trying to be more active in the community as I find it a great motivator.

I would love to hear from others who are turning thirty this year or who have similar goals!

Feel free to add me

Replies

• ejsilvi
    ejsilvi Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Just turned 45
  • gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    I turned 30 last December. I felt every thought you're feeling.

And I have been focusing on my weightloss this time and starting at 221, I am down to 203 now. So far 30 has been my best year so far!!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,583 Member
    Options
    Lol, I'd like to again. Was in my best shape with the least injuries between 25-35 years old.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • ScienceLady
    ScienceLady Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I turn 30 in November. I am going to be in shape when my birthday hits. Already down 40 pounds from when I had baby #2. Add me if you want!
  • mebelfanti
    mebelfanti Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I'm turning 30 in early May and my goal is be down 10lbs by then. I just started working out and eating healthy and I think it's a great way to start a new decade and I already feel like more of an "adult" :D
  • ticiaelizabeth
    ticiaelizabeth Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I turn 30 this July... I've lost about 70 lbs in the past couple years, but I'd like to finally lose the last 10-15 and continue recomping my body.
  • DRivera501
    DRivera501 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm turning 30 this November and I have a long way to go as far as weight loss.... I just need to find that motivation !!!!
  • figureitout87
    figureitout87 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I turn 30 in September, and I've been carrying around the same goals for YEARS. I'm focusing on setting myself up with new habits so that I'm not the same person year in and year out.

I'm 5'3 and 175. I'd like to be around 140, but my main focus right now is strength so I'm going slow.
  • adamgoleafs87
    adamgoleafs87 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I turn 30 in May. Sigh.

I am trying to kick it into gear right now as well.
  • Heather4448
    Heather4448 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Oh, I wish.
  • redd_dayspring12
    redd_dayspring12 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I am in November. I have the same goal. I started in June at 264. I am currently 181. If you'd like motivation add me.
  • megkensmi0629
    megkensmi0629 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I actually also turn 30 in December. I am looking for someome to also keep me motivated. I want to make lots of changes in my life for a happier and healthier me. I would love someone working toward this goal to provide feedback, and I can do the same.
  • ChrissyChuChu
    ChrissyChuChu Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm turning 30 in October (though I'm telling everyone I'm turning 26 again :D ). I've always had a hard time with staying motivated, the longest I've ever lasted was a month and I lost 10 lbs. I just always get lazy about tracking my food and I rarely ever work out.

I'm determined to do things better this time around. I've walked no less than 1.5 miles 4 out of the last 5 days (3 of the 4 days were 2.5 miles). Ive tracked every meal, every snack. I've done my best to make better decisions with my food. It's still way too early to see the results of my work but I'm confident if I keep this up I'll feel much better about myself once October hits.
    I know you can do this. It's not easy, but the best things don't come easy. I'd be more than happy to provide support, if you'd like please add me.

SW: 217.5
    Height: 5'3"
  • Jellybeanz44
    Jellybeanz44 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Haha... well, turning 33 this year. Close enough.
  • EmbeeKay
    EmbeeKay Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I'm turning 30! My birthday is in September. I spent years 24-29 having babies and I am excited to be done with baby number four in July and have my 30s back to a normal body :-)

For my 30s I am focusing on gaining strength and doing progressive lifting programs. Who knows where it will take me?? I'm really excited to see what my body can do. I plan on the 30s me being able to kick the butt of the 20s me! Feel free to add me!
  • LunaRaven22
    LunaRaven22 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I turn 30 in September, and I've been carrying around the same goals for YEARS. I'm focusing on setting myself up with new habits so that I'm not the same person year in and year out.

I'm 5'3 and 175. I'd like to be around 140, but my main focus right now is strength so I'm going slow.

I'm with you on that - i have also had the same goals for years

I figure new decade, new start right!

It sounds like you have the right approach and good luck
  • LunaRaven22
    Options
    EmbeeKay wrote: »
    I plan on the 30s me being able to kick the butt of the 20s me! Feel free to add me!

I love this :smiley:
  • LunaRaven22
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I'm turning 30 in October (though I'm telling everyone I'm turning 26 again :D ). I've always had a hard time with staying motivated, the longest I've ever lasted was a month and I lost 10 lbs. I just always get lazy about tracking my food and I rarely ever work out.

I'm determined to do things better this time around. I've walked no less than 1.5 miles 4 out of the last 5 days (3 of the 4 days were 2.5 miles). Ive tracked every meal, every snack. I've done my best to make better decisions with my food. It's still way too early to see the results of my work but I'm confident if I keep this up I'll feel much better about myself once October hits.
    I know you can do this. It's not easy, but the best things don't come easy. I'd be more than happy to provide support, if you'd like please add me.

SW: 217.5
    Height: 5'3"

I'm the same - I never stick to it long enough and tonight I have binged on sweet things (though it has been the first time in a couple of months)

I'm trying to make small changes, which it sounds like you are doing too

We can do this :smile:

Edited to add - I will also be 26 again haha
  • LunaRaven22
    Options
    Hi! I actually also turn 30 in December. I am looking for someome to also keep me motivated. I want to make lots of changes in my life for a happier and healthier me. I would love someone working toward this goal to provide feedback, and I can do the same.

Birthday twins!!
    I have added you as I need all the support I can get and happy to provide support also
  • LunaRaven22
    Options
    I am in November. I have the same goal. I started in June at 264. I am currently 181. If you'd like motivation add me.

Added you

That's a great loss, you are smashing it!!