Weight not moving, help :,(

Options
I go to the gym 4 times a week, I do both cardio and strength and all machines at the gym track calories burnt
I burn between 400 and 600 calories each time I go, I am 5ft 4" and weigh 159lbs, for the past 2 weeks the scales haven't moved, since I started back at gym which was back in the beginning of February all I've lost is 3lbs, my calorie intake was low which I have now adjusted, I consume 1,310 calories a day on days i dont go to the gym, on days i go i adjust to the amount i've burnt at the gym which is usually around 1,750-1,850. What am I doing wrong? Why don't I seem to be losing weight?

Replies

• paigele
    paigele Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    If you aren't getting sufficient sleep, it may be the stress hormone, cortisol that is your enemy. Take measurements, because since matter is always converted from one form to another it is quite likely you have muscle where you used to have fat and fewer inches as a result. Don't be discouraged. Make sure your diet has enough protein to build a good core. You're going to be so proud you didn't give up.
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    I agree with @livingleanlivingclean, your calories burn for the gym looks high to me also.

Regardless of what you are actually burning @ the gym (notoriously difficult to estimate) I'd say eat 200 - 250 more than non-gym days on your gym days and see how that goes.
  • christr1
    christr1 Posts: 11 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I have been put on a 1250 calorie diet but a registered dietician at a hospital bariatic clinic. I am literally 40 pounds right now overweight or from where i need to be. I know how you feel. I have a Garmin vivofit on my wrist which logs exercise to this site every time it syncs. I have been working my *kitten* off. I have lost one inch so far in 6 weeks and the scale is not moving. I swim 4- 5 days a week moderate lap swimming in a 25 meter pool and can go 100 meters without stopping and then I stop for about 60 seconds and head back down the lane. I'm telling you my story because I feel just as frustrated as you. Do not give up. I will not. I see the dietician in two days and although summer in NY is steam rolling this way and I date a lifeguard on the beach... ughhh I am surrounded by fit young bikini people with thongs no less everywhere I go.. haha, I will stay the course and use the summer as opportunity to get outside an run. I am telling you my story so that you know you are not alone. I will check in the dietician on Wed and she goes over my diary. I will post my update. Good luck. Keep going.
  • angel_eyes848
    angel_eyes848 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    It's so frustrating, the only part of my body that I can tell looks different is my hips and stomach, I can see some loss on them but that's it, my clothes still fit the same, i lost more weight when I had a bad diet lol. Thanks for all your replies, I will take all on board hopefully I can fix this and start losing soon.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    The best way to move your weight is to get outside and actually move your weight. The more out of breath you get while doing it the more you will leave behind along the way.
  • gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Patience!!
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    It has only been 2 weeks. Patience, indeed.