Keto advice ?

Options
xlalaxlissa
xlalaxlissa Posts: 2 Member
Hi everyone. Was wondering if anyone is on the keto diet and could give some tips. I'm having trouble with digestion and getting veggies in without overage on my carbs

Replies

• SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to Keto because, uhmmm, some people out there in our nation don't have Keto and uh, I believe that our, I, education like such as uh, South Africa, and uh, the Iraq, everywhere like such as, and I believe that they should, uhhh, our education over here in the US should help the US, uh, should help South Africa, it should help the Iraq and the Asian countries so we will be able to build up our keto future, for us.
  • MegRuthie
    MegRuthie Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. Was wondering if anyone is on the keto diet and could give some tips. I'm having trouble with digestion and getting veggies in without overage on my carbs

I posted on another thread you were on with this same tip, but -- magnesium supplements have really helped me in that department. Also helps with muscle cramps. I take 500mg a few nights a week. If you do this, you won't need to increase your fiber and worry about added carbs. Don't go much over 500mg in a day, though--it can make you sick. Also - drink more water. It helps in that department too. Good luck!
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    Not sure if beans are keto friendly but adding some fibre might help
  • TaymanL
    TaymanL Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Darker vegetables like brocolli and kale are dense in fiber and depending on the amount of carbs you are allowing yourself on your keto diet, have very little net carbs ( carbs-fiber )
  • missjosefina
    missjosefina Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm in week 4 of keto and lost 3inches off my waist so far. I've been eating a great deal of fibrous greens at breakfast but I guess others could eat theirs at lunch. I find that, with lots of good fats, a great deal of water and 3 apple cider vinegar drinks a day (1tbsp of apple cider vinegar with 1tsp of lemon or lime and a pint of water), I'm able to 'visit the bathroom' shortly after my evening meal. Hope this helps you too xxx