Converting a recipe into calories

Options
Help! On my weight watchers site I can type in a recipe and tell them how many it serves and they give me the point count. Is there any place on here where I can do that and it will give me the calories, etc? I am making a dish tonight that includes several different ingredients and I know can eat a 6th of it. :noway:

Replies

• simona1972
    simona1972 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I use this site:

caloriecount.com

It has a Recipe Analyzer section [you have to click on the Food tab at the top] and you can add the ingredients and number of servings and voila! calories per serving! :)
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    Hi - Use this site and then transfer the nutrition info into MFP. (They are working on this functionality here too.)

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-calculator.asp
  • Barbara24
    Barbara24 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys so much! That is really helpful. I really like this site, but before I give up weight watchers, I want to be sure it works for me. Everyone here has been so friendly and helpful so far that I really think I will make the switch. :smile:
  • jaylu
    jaylu Posts: 158
    Options
    i put all my ingredients into my fitness pal and then save it as a meal... then delete all the individual ingredients and go to 'my meals' and add whatever portion i'm having.
    for example - if i'm making a fish pie for 4 people...i measure out all the ingredients for 4 and recored them all on mfp and then after saving them as a meal to 'my meals', divide the meal eg i'll add 0.25 of a meal = 1/4 of the meal and thats my portion of the pie, cals, fats, carbs all counted...
    i hope i explained this right and that its what you were looking for!
  • TruSunshine
    TruSunshine Posts: 178
    Options
    BUMP!
    I've been wondering about this also so I'm "bumping" it so I can find it later. Thanks!
  • Barbara24
    Barbara24 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I really like that idea, thank you so much!
  • april522
    april522 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    You can input recipes here on MFP now:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/recipe/box
  • dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    you can now add them into MFP