Guilty!!

Options
Tonight was a cheat night- my first in 10 weeks but it totally wasn't worth it and I hate that I've done it! I've lost 21 lbs in 10 weeks and I'm 11 lbs away from my target with 40 days to go. I've stuck to 1200 calories a day from the onset but had a particularly tough day today. So what did I do? Drink 250 cl of vodka and diet lemonade, a bag of microwave popcorn, 2 mars bars and a ham sandwich. Kill me now!! I normally weigh daily but I am scared to step on the scale tomorrow. I've always considered myself to have a mild drink problem, I can't believe I'm actually writing this, but I have abstained for 10 weeks. It's been tough - Ive battled enormously with my will power : there have been headaches and rages. My other half is a selfish horrible *kitten* sometimes and I think alcohol has been my friend for so long - but I couldn't fit it into my regime anymore. My beautiful little girl Ruby survived childhood cancer and was granted a wish by a charitable foundation which takes us to Disney in Florida in a few weeks and I didn't want to be the fat mum in all our memory photos. Just a rant from me really, to vent frustration that I had alcohol and popcorn!!

Replies

• 3rdof7sisters
    3rdof7sisters Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    One day will not make much difference, so just continue on tomorrow. Sorry to hear about your little girl having cancer. It is a lot of stress in your lives. Think of memories that you will make at Disney World when you feel tempted to indulge. You, and your family are worth the effort, and you have done so great already! Wishing you the very best! You can do this!
  • Duchy82
    Duchy82 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Alcohol and popcorn every once in a while won't do any harm and I had both this weekend, at the end of the day you will need to overeat/drink by 3500 calories over maintenance to gain a pound so any weight gain you may see on the scale will be water retention.
    Acknowledge you had a bad day, log it and move on, its life and by the sound of it life hasn't been too kind on you recently so don't be so hard on yourself. You are making great progress, just carry on working hard on reaching your goal whether in 40 days or a bit later you are at the end of the day still 21lb lighter than when you started, well done!
  • wellthenwhat
    wellthenwhat Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    That doesn't actually sound too bad.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    So what do you think is going to happen because you ate some dang popcorn and drank vodka? Is the world going to end? No. You just might not lose all the weight you expected to lose this week. And it does the mind and body well to sometimes have a higher day of calories (maybe not used on alcohol but it's good to relax and have a drink as well). Get back at it tomorrow.