Sauna suits yes or no? What's everyone's opinion ✌️

2»

Replies

• AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,343 Member
    edited January 2018
    Except detoxing isn't a thing. That's what we have liver and kidneys for.

At least sauna suits and detoxes have that in common. They're both useless woo and a complete waste of time and money. And sodium is not a "toxin", it's an essential electrolyte.

7jei40mphakz.jpeg
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 18,047 Member
    Except that you would rebloat as soon as you hydrated.
  • _mr_b
    _mr_b Posts: 302 Member
    Sauna suit = another marketing ploy to get people to part with their cash.

Suits to wear in a sauna are either ‘swim’ or ‘birthday’ depending on your situation.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Dehydration causes early ageing to skin.

Why would you want to be dehydrated?
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    1981vette wrote: »
    My understanding of how sauna suits work lead me to believe that i will lose all water weight, no problem. That sweat will also carry with it sodium and other materials that could use a good flush/detox. I hydrate all day and sweat out the bad during my workout and rehydrate with good clean water. I feel better, healthier, and feel encouraged seeing a ton of sweat leaving the body. Sweat is my inner fat kid tears. So i do think that sauna suits, if used properly, are a good tool for detoxing and burning at least a couple extra calories while feeling like a million bucks. This is the opinion of a novice weight loss monk.

What are these other materials you need to detox?

Sweat is not your inner fat kid crying.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    alicebhsia wrote: »
    well, it would probably help for bloating and sweating gets rid of toxins, so if you make sure to drink water after i don't think it would be bad for you. i have a major problem with water weight so i think a sauna suit could be motivating.

What are the names of these toxins you are flushing from your body?

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,853 Member
    Maybe you burn a tiny, tiny amount of calories more when wearing a sauna suit. But you will probably be more exhausted when working out in it (assuming that's what you want to do) and hence burn less calories. Ever went on a run at sunne 35 degrees C and compared it to a nice 15 degrees C run? Which one got you further?