I'm a bear. Are you a bear, too? (I eat and then I sleep.)

Options
Verity1111
Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
I eat and then I pass out...or at least feel like I want to. Plus if I can't sleep, I eat so I can. I couldn't sleep now so I ate a small sandwich and now I'm dozing off. Am I the only one who gets sleepy after eating?

Replies

• ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    If I could, I'd have an after lunch nap every day. Sadly, napping and work are not compatible :tongue:

I've noticed this most after carb-heavy meals. I've had days where I could just fall into a coma for 2-3 hours, no problems.

I'm working on cutting carbs on breakfast and lunch to try and avoid that, but these buggers are so satiating to me that I end up unbearably hungry if I don't get enough. Also, fat and my digestion have a rocky relationship at best...
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Only with chicken and turkey. I blame Jurassic Park.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,937 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I work. Falling asleep after eating would be a problem.

Try drinking a tall glass of cold water and going for a brisk walk.

Also getting at least 6.5 hours of sleep a night helps.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Only after oatmeal with eggs cooked into it, especially if it's a side for salmon. Dat tryptophan.
  • Verity1111
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    I work. Falling asleep after eating would be a problem.

Try drinking a tall glass of cold water and going for a brisk walk.

Also getting at least 6.5 hours of sleep a night helps.

6.5 hrs lol what do I look like, royalty? Lmso. I have three kids (2 with special needs), college, two kids in therapy 5 times a week, 2 kids in separate schools... I'm lucky to get 4hrs. Lol. But I wish! Also I drink tons of water. Nothing helps. I just get exhausted.
  • Verity1111
    Options
    Only after oatmeal with eggs cooked into it, especially if it's a side for salmon. Dat tryptophan.

What an odd combo lol but if it works for you. Plus it sounds like decent macros.
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Do you get it with specific foods? Homemade nachos and cheese would put me out like a light, and add 5 lbs to my weight. I think it was the Velveeta overloading.

Now that I'm eating better, I no longer notice this tendency.
  • Mamacas03
    Mamacas03 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've had this, I also get the lack of sleep thing. Try smaller, healthy, meals more often. When I aim to eat small meals every 2-3 hours I do much better.
  • Verity1111
    Options
    Theo166 wrote: »
    Do you get it with specific foods? Homemade nachos and cheese would put me out like a light, and add 5 lbs to my weight. I think it was the Velveeta overloading.

Now that I'm eating better, I no longer notice this tendency.

Could be a giant salad. I still pass out. Lol. But I do have immune system issues that are not pinpointed yet so maybe that's part of it.
  • Verity1111
    Options
    Mamacas03 wrote: »
    I've had this, I also get the lack of sleep thing. Try smaller, healthy, meals more often. When I aim to eat small meals every 2-3 hours I do much better.

When I eat often in general I do better but I think it just keeps me moving around. Same when I exercise nonstop.