I'm determined to succeed this time...

Options
I'm 50 years old and a mother of 3 grown up children. I have yoyo dieted (tried every one, every year, sometimes twice!!!) most of my adult life and have still managed to remain overweight. I have an excellent social life which is probably partway to blame. I would like to lose 74lbs which is obviously a HUGE number so I am taking it week by week and going stone by stone... If you would like to add me, we can help to motivate each other; and another way I'm looking at it is, if my hands and mind are kept busy typing, I'm NOT in the kitchen wondering what to eat!!! I look forward to hearing from you... :D x

Replies

• lanineil44
    lanineil44 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Me too! I am 48 and have been overweight since my first pregnancy. My kids are grown now. I have started yesterday with a training plan for a triathlon at end of September so it's my way of keeping on track. Being consistent with good eating habits is definitely the challenge but I am determined to do it slow and right!!
  • JoanneMcMillan
    JoanneMcMillan Posts: 2 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I'm a 60 year old mother of one, grandmother of 5, and great grandmother of 7. I've been trying to lose 88 pounds for the last 5 years with no success. I have lots of friends and family who think all social gatherings should be about food. 2 years ago I went vegetarian and caused an uproar. I struggle daily with being consistent with what and how I eat, keeping track of it, and exercise. Learning to not let excuses control me. Slow and steady is the name of my game these days and it seems to be working.
  • IVMay
    IVMay Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Good luck. Slow and steady. Hope it works out for you :)