First session with personal trainer

Options
jbwegner
jbwegner Posts: 254 Member
So I realized that I cannot do this alone, so I signed up for a personal trainer. I know her because her children go to the school I teach at. I figured I'd be more accountable that way. When I run into her at school, I don't want to feel bad that I slacked off or didn't meet my commitment.

So anyway, she was so nice and motivational! She worked me hard, and I had a great time! I signed up for three sessions a week. I've worked out with trainers before and have felt miserable and ashamed. This time it was totally different.

So the point of my message is, if you've had a bad experience before or you feel like you need the extra guidance and support, find a trainer that works for you. I know it's expensive. I had to adjust my priorities, but my progress is worth it.

I can't wait to go back on Friday! :smile:

Replies

• ThaiKaren
    ThaiKaren Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    So pleased that you enjoyed your session with your trainer, it will make all the difference I'm sure. Your post made me feel that I could do it as well. Well done you x
  • kvsweatt
    kvsweatt Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad to see that you are putting yourself first! That is a really huge step in the right direction! Keep it Up!!!
  • jbwegner
    jbwegner Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Awww, thanks guys! I signed a 6 month contract for 3 times a week, Now I have to go and get it done, because I CANNOT waste all of that cash!

Plus, I think I'll eat better long term since I won't want to wreck all of my hard work at the gym. Why did God make it so easy to inhale thousands of calories, but you have to work your butt off just to burn a few hundred?

My trainer made me see how many push-ups I could do in three minutes (with a one minute rest between minutes). It was super hard. When I went to sit down for the crunch part of the "test," I used my arm for support. It totally buckled underneath my like a wet noodle and I fell over. Talk about muscle fatigue. I erupted in shameless giggles. It was so embarrassing....:blushing: