Fun Things To Do On a Solo Vacation

fara180
fara180 Posts: 1,260 Member
Hi there! So I have approximately 2 weeks before school starts back up so I have planned a beach vacation. Unfortunately, the people I was originally going to go with backed out at the last minute...but I still want to go. So I've decided to go on my very first ever solo-vacation with just me, myself and i (oh and my cat, phoenix).

So I need some tips on some fun (and relatively cheap/not crazy expensive) things to do since I'll be vacationing alone. The things I know I'll do so far: enjoy the beach, tan, catch up on some much needed reading, get some beauty sleep and shop. Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated!

Replies

• ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Get a hotel with a giant jacuzzi tub and hours of self loving, or skip the hotel and have hours of self loving.
  • mustang289
    mustang289 Posts: 299 Member
    Nude sunbathing. That takes care of two things on your list, the beach and tanning.
  • mustang289
    mustang289 Posts: 299 Member
    Get a hotel with a giant jacuzzi tub and hours of self loving

as in "solo sex for a solo vacation"?
  • Scarlett_Belle
    Scarlett_Belle Posts: 145 Member
    Kayaking is relaxing for me.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    It all depends on the location. What city or state are you going to? Or country?
  • musenchild
    musenchild Posts: 182 Member
    Save some money by staying in hostels. Hang out and cook a little in the common areas - in no time, you'll meet new people and it won't be a totally solo vacation anymore. Have fun!
  • JustCallMe_Tanya_Eh
    JustCallMe_Tanya_Eh Posts: 954 Member
    Strip clubs
  • fara180
    fara180 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Save some money by staying in hostels. Hang out and cook a little in the common areas - in no time, you'll meet new people and it won't be a totally solo vacation anymore. Have fun!

I love hostels, but the ones in the area I'm visiting don't allow pets :( I'll be staying in a family member's condo.
  • jennyrebekka
    jennyrebekka Posts: 626 Member
    reading reading and more reading.....and maybe looking at some trashy mags that you would normally not admit to reading when you are with someone....lol
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    You could play with a volleyball on the beach.

cast_away+wilson.jpg
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    To avoid this.......go easy on the alcohol and for goodness sakes, stay away from the Girls Gone Wild RV!!!

90986854942443796_OuiDFikb_c.jpg
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,957 Member
    Visit some ladyboys in Thailand......
  • tmpecus78
    tmpecus78 Posts: 1,206 Member
    buy a hooker
  • theepervette
    theepervette Posts: 638 Member
    go to swinger parties... single ladies are always free.
  • tmpecus78
    tmpecus78 Posts: 1,206 Member
    Strip clubs

THIS :wink:
  • Cutting4life
    Cutting4life Posts: 505 Member
    clubbin
  • Bucky83
    Bucky83 Posts: 1,194 Member
    I'm used to travelling solo, so some of the things I like to do on my own:

Reading (is always my number 1)
    Long walks on the beach (if that's where you're definitely going)
    Massage
    Movies/Cinema
    Amusement park (if nearby) - I did this with EuroDisneyland and it was awesome always getting to the front of the queue quicker when they ask for solo riders. I couldn't give a toss if people felt pity.
  • Where are you going? I researched my solo vacation on Mass Vacation( http://www.massvacation.com/greaterBoston/outdoor-activities.php) I was able to learn a lot about the area and what was available before I went. I normally don't do much research when going on a group trip. I found that I really enjoyed being better prepared.
  • Moosycakes
    Moosycakes Posts: 258 Member
    My cat would die of horrific anxiety if I took her on holiday...
  • _tam_
    _tam_ Posts: 257
    I'm still working up to going to the movies on my own or dinner. I'm so in need of a holiday that I may need to step up my game. Who wants a visit? :tongue: Good for you!