I should be upset but....

Replies

• AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Someone stole the chicken out of my lunch. Just the chicken and left the rest of the meal in my Tupperware.

Nooooo! Punishable by death! >:(
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    I had someone crack open and drink JUST HALF OF my ginger ale soda can and put the rest back in the fridge when I worked at my gym. Like....WHY, man? You couldn't be bothered to finish it and/or throw it away? I lightly toyed with the idea of putting LSD or something on the lip of a new can and watch someone take a wild trip... Ah, I can dream, can't I?
  • IVMay
    IVMay Posts: 442 Member
    I think some people are just klepto. I mean seriously. I work in a government office, lets just say no one here is poor, they get paid well above an average wage, and they are mostly women who have husbands who also make a living at least. And yet still they will take *kitten* that doesn't belong to them. They can't "afford" to put $2 into the jar for weekly coffee, but will complain like all hell when we're out. The charity box is always short. Food goes missing. WTF is wrong with people?

It's terrible, isn't it?
    Some people genuinely come from good families and are raised accordingly yet still turn out like complete twits. I guess it is what it is.
    Humans tend to suck more than we want to believe :)
  • IVMay
    km8907 wrote: »
    When I worked at a non-profit homeless shelter, I noticed things would go missing. We'd buy things like juice and snacks in bulk and I worked double shifts in the afternoon and then into overnight sometimes, so when we'd get an order in before dinner, say 5 bottles of juice, and 2 of those bottles are gone by the time my shift ends, I know exactly who took them. The residents had no access to the kitchen and there's only 1 employee working per shift. The only other people there were the cleaning people, and as it turns out, they'd steal something everytime they came. I know times are tough and you got your own mouths to feed, but stealing from homeless families is way low.

That is pretty low :(
  • IVMay
    You need one of these high tech anti-theft lunch boxes to capture the perp.

http://cdn.trendhunterstatic.com/thumbs/lunchcommunicator-lunch-box.jpeg6hzmh61k3wa1.png

I like it. Creative. :)
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    With this being so, prolific there should be; cameras! Thieves should be, arrested/charged & fired!
  • sunburntgalaxy
    sunburntgalaxy Posts: 455 Member
    I think this is pretty common in most offices sadly. We have stuff go missing all the time from the kitchen and I even had someone steal my peanut butter cups from my desk. It will be less of a problem in the office itself now because they put cameras in (not because of the food thing, and II for one am glad they finally installed them for other reasons) but I know the kitchen stuff is still going to disappear. Of course, I will bring in stuff I buy and don't like (like tea that isn't what I expected or things like that) and put it in the cabinets knowing that someone will take it. So I guess that is better than throwing it out. And honestly taking food is probably the least of our problems in my office,

But seriously - taking someone's peanut butter cups - that is pretty low
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    When I worked in a place with a shared refrigerator and brought my lunch no one ever seemed to be stealing food or drinks from others.
  • megemrj
    megemrj Posts: 547 Member
    I had babybel cheese wheels go missing from our shared fridge. I pretty much stopped using the fridge.
  • Carillon_Campanello
    Carillon_Campanello Posts: 726 Member
    megemrj wrote: »
    I had babybel cheese wheels go missing from our shared fridge. I pretty much stopped using the fridge.

Babybel are individually wrapped. That's fair game!!! Lol.

That stuff is so good. I would never leave it in a public fridge.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    megemrj wrote: »

Babybel are individually wrapped. That's fair game!!! Lol.

That stuff is so good. I would never leave it in a public fridge.

Depends which ones. The yellow are the best. Red. Meh and the others who knows
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    I had a co-worker who would put her name on her food and drinks with a sharpie, which is fine but when someone would go out for a group coffee run and bring back the little creams and sugars she would write her name on those too. All of the unused ones she claimed for herself.

It was a little thing, but the rest of the office really ended up with a feeling of ill will towards her.

People would also take turns bringing in coffee supplies. She had no problem using other peoples contributions but when she brought something in she wrote her name on it, would not share.
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    newmeadow wrote: »
    I just thought about this but...

If one were to steal a lunch from the workplace fridge, where would one eat it? The desk, the lunchroom, a conference room - none of those places sound like a good place to eat a stolen lunch and be potentially spotted.

I'm thinking, hide it in the lapel of your jacket and scarf it down in a toilet stall. Seems like an odd dietary approach for an office worker making an okay paycheck but, the hell with it. I don't understand people anyway.

Cheapskates'll go to, extreme measures to; save anything!
  • Rivers2k
    Rivers2k Posts: 380 Member
    You all crack me up. love all the responses. So I told a few people around here and many of the people said "maybe they thought it was theirs?" We aren't talking about PB&J in a brown paper bag. How many people saw half eaten drunken noodles and think those might be mine. I do know this people best stay away from my Chicken Parm today! I risked life an limb getting that out of my house this morning Chicken Parm is coveted in my house.
  • Rivers2k
    Rivers2k Posts: 380 Member
    is your name Ross Geller?

Nope Red Ross now that the took my lunch.