New here!

Options
My name is Cassandra. Im looking to drop my body fat percentage from 18% to 14% so 4% overall. I need advice on proper diet. This is me now. I need ALL ADVICE. Im A blood type. uu0dix8iy5xx.jpg

Replies

• cassandrarodriguez89
    cassandrarodriguez89 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I gave birth to a handsome little boy exactly one year ago so Im not sure if that effects diet.
  • Conquer_Greatness
    Conquer_Greatness Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Giving birth shouldn't effect the diet. My best guess would be cutting down carbs
  • cassandrarodriguez89
    Options
    Giving birth shouldn't effect the diet. My best guess would be cutting down carbs

Im consuming around 200, someone said thats too high
  • subcounter
    subcounter Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    You simply need to go into a deficit. That's it. Your blood type should not matter. I am not sure about the hormonal implications of childbirth, and how it effects your metabolism in a year to be honest but I think weekly scale check is good enough test of that.

Find your TDEE, and go slightly lower than that in terms of caloric goals.

How often do you workout?

For macro's, if you care about not losing muscles while cutting, I would go with 0.8 grams of proteins per lb at least. You can go with 50-60 grams of fat, (Don't cut too much of fat, your hormones and body needs them) and rest can be carbs. Carbs are fine, all they will do is perhaps make you retain water. They don't make you fat.
    I would go for a 0.5 lb/week loss for now, and go from there. Weekly checks at the scale are very important. Don't go too much under rushing the weight-loss, you don't wanna lose the hard gained muscles too much.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    For cutting I usually go by grams per lean body mass.
    Protein: 0.8 to 1g
    Fats: 0.35 to 0.6g
    Carbs: The rest

You can adjust it as you see fit.. keep in mind gym performance and satiety.

Are you nursing? That can affect how low you can drop cals.
  • cassandrarodriguez89
    Options
    subcounter wrote: »
    You simply need to go into a deficit. That's it. Your blood type should not matter. I am not sure about the hormonal implications of childbirth, and how it effects your metabolism in a year to be honest but I think weekly scale check is good enough test of that.

For macro's, if you care about not losing muscles while cutting, I would go with 0.8 grams of proteins per lb at least. You can go with 50-60 grams of fat, (Don't cut too much of fat, your hormones and body needs them) and rest can be carbs. Carbs are fine, all they will do is perhaps make you retain water. They don't make you fat.
    I would go for a 0.5 lb/week loss for now, and go from there. Weekly checks at the scale are very important. Don't go too much under rushing the weight-loss, you don't wanna lose the hard gained muscles too much.

im working out 5-6 days a week for 2-3 hours. Almost all weight lifting. I will not lower the amount of time I spend in the gym because I enjoy the high I get from lifting weights. Non negotiable. Lol
  • cassandrarodriguez89
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »

What does everyone mean by carbs are the rest? I am not nursing. I stopped at 7 months, stopped eating cake/cookies every day and became more dedicated in eating healthy. I noticed immediate changes when I stopped all of the sugar. But I miss the sugar :(
  • cassandrarodriguez89
    Options
    Someone gave me this chart... is it accurate?
  • cassandrarodriguez89
    Options
  • sardelsa
    edited April 2017
    Options

What does everyone mean by carbs are the rest? I am not nursing. I stopped at 7 months, stopped eating cake/cookies every day and became more dedicated in eating healthy. I noticed immediate changes when I stopped all of the sugar. But I miss the sugar :(

Carbs will fill the remainder of your calories. But of course the protein and fat are minimums so you can tailor it to how you feel best. I like keeping a balance on a cut, I love carbs since I find they help fuel my lifting sessions. I still have sugar in moderation, it will depend on how many cals you are taking in and how much room you will have for treats if you desire. Again up to you. You don't want to feel deprived and then binge and rebound if sugar is something you enjoy.
    Also, is there a reason you want to get so low in body fat? Are you prepping for a competition pr photo shoot? I just say that because typically that level of leaness may not be sustainable to maintain permanently.
  • sardelsa
    edited April 2017
    Options
    That chart is for keto macros?Also it just seems to spout random cal numbers based on height only, no weight or activity level. That would be way too low intake for me. I wouldn't use it personally
  • skinnycow1234567
    skinnycow1234567 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I think there telling you to lower carb intake...But if your in the gym 2-3 hrs a day dont think you should drop carbs to low.
  • sardelsa
    Options
    I want to add.. you had a baby a year ago and look great so clearly you did something right to cut where you are now.. why not just keep doing what you are doing?
  • subcounter
    subcounter Posts: 2,382 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options

im working out 5-6 days a week for 2-3 hours. Almost all weight lifting. I will not lower the amount of time I spend in the gym because I enjoy the high I get from lifting weights. Non negotiable. Lol

Actually your time in the gym, especially lifting is great to retain the muscles.

The graph you have shared seems to be way too low in calorie intake to be honest. Especially as someone that lifts 5-6 days a week. I would follow MFP guided setup, and just pick 0.5 lb/week as your goal, and stay on that deficit. I am 6'3 and lift often, and even on a cut I eat nearly double the amount some days. Maybe thats a BMR graph? Possible.

Don't forget to eat back the exercise calories while making sure you don't overestimate them. I'd start with eating back 80% of the total calories, and check back with the scale, and adjust accordingly.

• cassandrarodriguez89
    Options
    I want to add.. you had a baby a year ago and look great so clearly you did something right to cut where you are now.. why not just keep doing what you are doing?

I want to do it just for appearance. 15% was easy for me to sustain so I figure 14% is pretty close, shouldnt be too hard. I shall ignore the chart and go a bit further up in my macros. Not used to measuring my foods but im going to start now. :)
  • cassandrarodriguez89
    Options

Actually your time in the gym, especially lifting is great to retain the muscles.

The graph you have shared seems to be way too low in calorie intake to be honest. Especially as someone that lifts 5-6 days a week. I would follow MFP guided setup, and just pick 0.5 lb/week as your goal, and stay on that deficit. I am 6'3 and lift often, and even on a cut I eat nearly double the amount some days. Maybe thats a BMR graph? Possible.

Don't forget to eat back the exercise calories while making sure you don't overestimate them. I'd start with eating back 80% of the total calories, and check back with the scale, and adjust accordingly.

What would you recommend in calories?

• sardelsa
    Options

I want to do it just for appearance. 15% was easy for me to sustain so I figure 14% is pretty close, shouldnt be too hard. I shall ignore the chart and go a bit further up in my macros. Not used to measuring my foods but im going to start now. :)

I just mean, are you stalled and can't get lower? You will probably have to adjust your calories but be sure to adequately fuel especially since you are very active in the gym. The last thing you want is to drop calories too low and for it to impact your gym performance which will affect your progress for sure. You can start with measuring but if you really want to be accurate I would get a food scale and weigh all solids.

Would love to see your progress as time goes on, you do look great so don't be too hard on yourself! Good luck!
  • Ben_there_done_that
    Ben_there_done_that Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    You really look incredible. Way to go! What's with the blood type, though?
  • 20mightymouse16
    20mightymouse16 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    New here..I was on here a long time ago but figured Id try it again to track this new diet
  • cassandrarodriguez89
    Options

I just mean, are you stalled and can't get lower? You will probably have to adjust your calories but be sure to adequately fuel especially since you are very active in the gym. The last thing you want is to drop calories too low and for it to impact your gym performance which will affect your progress for sure. You can start with measuring but if you really want to be accurate I would get a food scale and weigh all solids.

Would love to see your progress as time goes on, you do look great so don't be too hard on yourself! Good luck!

Im having slower progress then I am used to. Before baby I could binge eat for 2 weeks and bounce back after only 1-2 days to get back.... its not the same. It was a little hard to get back in the gym during the 3 months after baby was born, and eating so much junk for 7 months took a toll on me. Just looking for faster results then current.