How to eat my proper calories without feeling hungry

Options
2»

Replies

• EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    And, were you losing on 1600 calories? How many calories do you estimate you burn in your workouts?

You might want to figure out your TDEE and then take a cut from that, 20% if you have 20+ pounds to lose or 15% or 10% if less than 20 pounds.

Many find that easier to eat that one calorie goal which includes exercise instead of being hungry trying to hit a lower goal.

No, I was not losing on 1600 calories. The only thing I've lost is the 3 lbs I gained right before I decided to start working out. I have no idea what TDEE is.

Total Daily Energy Expenditure - it is the your BMR + Activity.
    If one eats below their actual TDEE one loses weight.

If you lost 3 lbs that is a loss. Three pounds is roughly (assuming it was all fat - it wasn't) 11000 calories - but likely some of that loss was water, etc...

So, figure out your working TDEE and don't struggle by being hungry all the time - set yourself at a reasonable level (ABOVE your BMR) of say 1500-1600 and stick to it for 3-4 weeks (and calculate your real calories eaten including the weekend cheating).

(1) Sum up all your calories for that period / number of days = calories consumed average per day
    (2) Evaluate the amount lost/gained over the period => lbs lost / number of days * 3500 = rough estimate of your cut below TDEE

estimated TDEE = calories average (1) + estimated cut (2)

With your estimated real TDEE you can then consider this as a good starting point to cut for 1/2 to a 1 lb a week. Add a little exercise, strength train. rinse, repeat.

Watch your macros - high protein, nice fats will keep hunger down ---

Just follow this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/963088-level-obstacles-lose-weight-target-fat-easy
  • Naturebeckles
    Options
    And, were you losing on 1600 calories? How many calories do you estimate you burn in your workouts?

You might want to figure out your TDEE and then take a cut from that, 20% if you have 20+ pounds to lose or 15% or 10% if less than 20 pounds.

Many find that easier to eat that one calorie goal which includes exercise instead of being hungry trying to hit a lower goal.

No, I was not losing on 1600 calories. The only thing I've lost is the 3 lbs I gained right before I decided to start working out. I have no idea what TDEE is.

Total Daily Energy Expenditure - it is the your BMR + Activity.
    If one eats below their actual TDEE one loses weight.

If you lost 3 lbs that is a loss. Three pounds is roughly (assuming it was all fat - it wasn't) 11000 calories - but likely some of that loss was water, etc...

So, figure out your working TDEE and don't struggle by being hungry all the time - set yourself at a reasonable level (ABOVE your BMR) of say 1500-1600 and stick to it for 3-4 weeks (and calculate your real calories eaten including the weekend cheating).

(1) Sum up all your calories for that period / number of days = calories consumed average per day
    (2) Evaluate the amount lost/gained over the period => lbs lost / number of days * 3500 = rough estimate of your cut below TDEE

estimated TDEE = calories average (1) + estimated cut (2)

With your estimated real TDEE you can then consider this as a good starting point to cut for 1/2 to a 1 lb a week. Add a little exercise, strength train. rinse, repeat.

Watch your macros - high protein, nice fats will keep hunger down ---

Just follow this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/963088-level-obstacles-lose-weight-target-fat-easy

ok, thanks so much for all the info. The tool said my BMR was 1337, so I think i'm actually pretty close the past two days of being where I actually should be if I add my average exercise to that and do the 10-15%. Some of this information is very new to me, so I appreciate you taking the time to explain it.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Let's say it's 1350 - I'm rounding because BMR, calories, etc are all estimates but it still works.

Your BMR are the calories that you need if you did nothing but stay in bed in a coma. Even the most inactive person has a TDEE of about 1.2 x their BMR. So with a cut you should eat at least your BMR - you want to lose slowly so that the loss is fat and not muscle. Losing muscle is not only an esthetic issue but it will reduce your BMR ... Higher BMR easier to lose or maintain weight.