How much water are you drinking?

Options
2»

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,069 Member
    Options
    About 3 litres a day. I've become so accustommed to it since working in the Middle East a few years back that I get horrible headaches on the odd occasion where I drink a lot less.
  • starryphoenix
    starryphoenix Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    100oz is usually as high as I go. In the summer I hit a gallon.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    No idea how much but it's enough and not too much.

No effect on weight loss.
  • YogaBookLady37
    YogaBookLady37 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Enough to sink the Titanic. Not to lose weight, but because I am thirsty.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    No idea how much but it's enough and not too much.

No effect on weight loss.

What he said, on both accounts
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    I'm drinking about a gallon a day. Do y'all think water intake has any meaningful impact on weight loss?

I read of a good research study were it can make a huge impact when it's part of the food rather than drank separately.

If you drink a big glass before eating they said the water volume was already exiting your stomach before you were feeling satiated from the subsequent meal.

In the test, they gave one group a regular meal and the other group had the same meal blended with water. When the water is blended, it stays longer in your stomach and helps satiety. This is why cabbage soup is more filling than an equivalent salad.

So the lesson is, eat more healthy water based soups to aid weightloss.
  • TheJourneyToFabulous
    TheJourneyToFabulous Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    2 - 2.5 litres a day most days sometimes less, sometimes more
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    The amount I drink largely depends on how much I exercise and how hot it is outside. If people who drink more lose more weight it is probably because the people who are more active need more water.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    It depends and I've never really counted...I drink to stay hydrated and use the color of my urine to determine that.

I drink a lot more water in the summer when I'm sweating buckets just standing around doing nothing...even more when I'm riding in 100* + temps.
  • KelGen02
    KelGen02 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I drink 128oz (Gallon) of water each day... I started this because my nutritionist told me to do so when I started on this lifestyle change journey. I don't think it is a magic pill to weight loss, I do think it has a trickle affect... the more you drink the fuller you feel the less you eat. Mind over matter. What I have found, drinking all this water is my skin looks amazing, I feel fuller longer, less fatigue, no more headaches. Now that I have been doing it so long, it has replaced basically every other drink I use to drink because now I crave it.. (except the adult beverages of course ;) and seltzer occasionally) I gave up a serious addiction to Diet Coke, which probably has more to do with the lack of headaches than the water but like I said, mind over matter.