Dairy Free Yum!

Options
As someone who is lactose intolerant, I appreciate all of the wonderful new dairy free alternatives that are available. My current fave: Ben & Jerry's dairy-free ice cream! All the flavors are wonderful, and if you didn't know it didn't have dairy to start with, you would never be able to tell!
Ben-Jerrys-Dairy-Free-Ice-Cream-3.jpg
What are some of your favorite dairy free items? What are some that you tried that are super yucky?

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Cocomels Coconut Milk Caramels are incredible. The salted one is my favorite.

Miyoko's Creamery Cultured Butter (coconut and cashew based) is so good. I had been using olive oil for a lot of recipes that call for butter, but I can really tell the difference with this product.
  • nightengale7
    nightengale7 Posts: 563 Member
    Options

Miyoko's Creamery Cultured Butter (coconut and cashew based) is so good. I had been using olive oil for a lot of recipes that call for butter, but I can really tell the difference with this product.

I've never heard of that butter substitute, where do you get it? I'd love to try it!
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

I've never heard of that butter substitute, where do you get it? I'd love to try it!

I get mine at Whole Foods. It's in the section with the dairy butters.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    I'm in the UK and eat dairy but I do try the odd product from the "free from" ranges out of curiosity and to see how much I think people with intolerances might be missing out. (Sort of joke). There was a really good coconut milk based ice cream I tried and a pretty good coconut milk based yoghurt. I think if you like the flavour those products might be the best in terms of mimicking creaminess. Might have to give the B&J's a try, for research purposes of course......