Career advice

Options
2»

Replies

• sammie754
    sammie754 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure some people ever know what they want to do for a career. I came from a family that didn't give me much guidance and had two parents that didn't go to college. I graduated high school and still didn't know what I wanted to do. I worked full time and went to college full time with a major in business and finance because I assumed that was general enough since I had no idea. I ended up getting a job as a bank teller and graduated college. I'm now a senior credit analyst for commercial loans and also have several residential rental properties. I still can't say this is what I always wanted to do or that I love my career. I also don't really love having rentals, but they help me make money. So in the end I found two things that I can tolerate everyday that make me money:)
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I tried a bunch of different stuff. When I was young my relatives called me "flighty" because I "never stuck with anything" for very long. However, in the long run, it gave me amazing depth and breadth of skills and I really worked myself into a job I love through that trial and error of things. Then I consummated it by formalizing my education in the field with a few degrees and such.