Does anyone else set their calorie goal to their TDEE and just make sure to eat beneath it?

Options
124»

Replies

• VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    WakkoW wrote: »
    WakkoW wrote: »
    So, to those of you using TDEE, do you use a tracker and just not sync it with MFP, or just ignore the daily over/under MFP gives? I'm kinda thinking of moving this way as I've become more consistent in my exercise, but still want to track it with my tracker.

I use a tracker, but don't synch.

I recently switched from fitbit to Garmin, and I don't trust Garmins numbers at all. The fitbit was better, but in reality it's all just estimates.

I'm also using Garmin, and eating 90-100% of my calories back with no issues losing at my expected rate. Is it an HR model you have?

I do. Vito active hr and I use a chest strap for exercise. I'm very active, but it's tracking high. The last seven days gave me a totall TDEE of 20,454. This averages to be 2,922 a day. I'm losing half a pound a week on 2,250/ day.

I don't really care. I got the garmin mostly for the activity tracking features ( running, steps, gps, external hr monitor).

I'm 45, 5'4", and 139 pounds ( 2 pounds higher than my avitar picture.)

Curious if you see much of a difference between the VAHR and your chest strap. I have a Polar strap and have stopped using it simply because my VAHR always gave me within 5% of the calories the strap gave me, so I'm happy just using the VAHR.

Can't wait to try out the golf course mode of the VAHR.

I asked someone else this on another thread ( no reply as yet). I have the Vivoactive and pair with a strap for exercise but have wondered about accuracy of the VAHR and if it's worth me upgrading.

Oh. I assumed you had the HR version. Stupid me :).

Like I said, I find the VAHR is very accurate compared to a Polar strap, so much so I don't bother with the strap any more. I also use it for running outside so I can see where I went. Does the VA have GPS?

I've had mine on snowshoeing and plan to use it for rowing (an actual boat, while fishing) as soon as the lakes thaw. So having all the various activities is useful to me. I had a VivoSmart HR before and consider it pretty crappy.

It does have GPS. I mostly use the GymTimer app and sometimes the running one. It's the accuracy of the wrist read HR, particularly with me having anxiety, don't want it thinking I'm exercising when I'm not!

Anxiety would mess with any of the HR based trackers. I don't usually have the issue (mine is telling me I'm at 51 bpm right now which sounds normal) but I have been on a flight and seen the calories get inflated as it was a bumpy flight. I'm not sure if any would work well for you if your heart rate does go up for non-exercise reasons.

This is what I suspect and why I think "upgrading" to an HR model would be counterproductive for me. It is annoying that most are now moving to all models having HR. I could just turn it off but it sort of defeats the purpose of paying any premium for it.