Steroid inexjtins and weight gain

Options
So I have to have a facet joint injection and one of the side effects stated is weight gain. I don't think this is something I can cope with (issues with weight) has anyone had this done and experienced this? My doc was very dismissive whereas the consultant told me 10lbs!

Replies

• RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    Yep, had it done several times and always gain about 10 pounds. It goes away in a week or two.

Just keep your calories in check, drink lots of water and remember it is temporary. For me the benefits outweighed (ha!) the temporary water weight gain.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    I have had several injections over the years and never noticed any weight gain. Next time I will pay closer attention.
  • Heather4448
    Heather4448 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Weight gain is a reported side effect because it makes some people ravenously hungry. I am not one of those people, but if you are there is a lot of useful info here to deal with that.
  • missmagnoliablossom
    missmagnoliablossom Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Weight gain is a reported side effect because it makes some people ravenously hungry. I am not one of those people, but if you are there is a lot of useful info here to deal with that.

Steroids can also cause fluid retention - it's not just increased hunger.