Another horror discovered

Options
At my age, losing weight is a battle against not only fat but sagging skin. I thought I had reconciled myself to the dreaded underarm dingle-dangle and abdominal flip-flap.:ohwell:
Today, however, I discovered a new horror :sad: . I had my arm raised and my elbow bent at a 90 degree angle above my head and I happened to glance up. (OMG, DON'T DO IT!)
Just out of the crook of my elbow in my forearm I've discovered a mass of sag and crepe-y skin. It looks like my grandmother's arm. She's been dead awhile.

I am now whimpering quietly in a corner and contemplating donating all my short sleeved shirts to charity.

Replies

• Caralyn
    Caralyn Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Wow, you sound EXACTLY like me. I discovered my "wings" a few years ago. When I wave, "they" wave too! If you would like to be diet buddies, I'm open to it. I only communicate regularly with one other person. I'm not into the "chit-chat" because I don't have the time or the inclination. Let me know if you would like to "commiserate" with each other (and lots of support also). Have a great day......

Caralyn
  • mm3898
    mm3898 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    OMG that is hilarious! Not the saggy arm bit, but the way you put it... great sense of humor! GET OUT OF THE CORNER and stay away from any charity in need of short-sleeved shirts! You can try to make it better by doing tricep "extensions" or "curls"... I'm always working my triceps and as a former personal trainer who worked w/ women of all ages, doing as many arm strengthening exercises as possible is the best way to go :flowerforyou:

Thanks for the giggle and don't worry about your arms, especially w/ a smile like yours!

xoxo
    Maggie
  • nursee67
    nursee67 Posts: 503
    Options
    Thanks for the smile! I am waving at you with not only my hands...but my arm flaps!
  • Allibaba
    Allibaba Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I have a rear view mirror on my bike and if it is tilted a certain way, all sorts of horrors are revealed. It is discouraging but I just focus on how good I feel and I wear my bumps, flaps and muffin tops with pride (most of the time).
  • roseicheeks42
    roseicheeks42 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    LOL! Why don't men have that too??? I feel they should have equal blessings! Love the post!
  • MBSNANA
    MBSNANA Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I am there with you. I discovered my "wing" not long ago. No sleeveless tops for me and I have learned to wave with my arms down at my side. lol But the BIG problem is the thighs. OMG I no longer let anybody and I do mean anybody see me with anthing that is above my caves. All the exercise in the world will never remove all that but I could donate some skin if somebody needed a skin graft. lol Keep up the good work and thanks for letting me know I am not the only one finding these little{?} problem spots. Kaye
  • msciccone1
    msciccone1 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness I swear I crackedf up for 5 minutes straight reading this :laugh: Like I am still laughing as I type this!!! You have a good sense of humor and we all have that problem area, trust me I feel like I have wings too when I wave but I am not getting discouraged...oh man I can't type cause I keep laughing...eventually I will get to a decent wing size :wink:
  • msciccone1
    msciccone1 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I have a rear view mirror on my bike and if it is tilted a certain way, all sorts of horrors are revealed. It is discouraging but I just focus on how good I feel and I wear my bumps, flaps and muffin tops with pride (most of the time).

I was already cracking up when I read this I almost fell off my chair! You are so calm when explaining about the "horrors" in the rear view mirror. I love it!!! Thanks for the extra laugh. Man I needed this today :bigsmile: