Advice that changed ur life!!!

Options
owa1s
owa1s Posts: 273 Member
Post something that has changed ur life for better.
For me it was "don't put ur happiness in something that is temporary (I.e everything in this world) but put it in something that is constant (God)" that is something that changed my life forever and i am always feeling peaceful and happy

Replies

• princess0lexi
    princess0lexi Posts: 3,938 Member
    Options
    don`t give up, it takes time
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Honestly, mine was "eat more, lift heavier"

Probably the opposite of what a lot of people on here would agree with, but it helped me gain muscle and get closer to my ideal body
  • owa1s
    Options

Probably the opposite of what a lot of people on here would agree with, but it helped me gain muscle and get closer to my ideal body

Well eat in surplus is better than "eat more" because eating as much as u want will just bring on a lot of fat with the muscle you've gained

• owa1s
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    owa1s wrote: »

Well eat in surplus is better than "eat more" because eating as much as u want will just bring on a lot of fat with the muscle you've gained

Some people have a very hard time eating more, so eating as much as they want often tends to not be enough. Not everyone is on here because they overeat. In her case telling her to eat more was good advice, you didn't ask for blanket advice to help everyone.
    I understand but I mean she shouldn't advice someone else about that ( in my opinion) because for example if increasing 500 calories doesn't work for u u can increase it to 250 and keep on adding until u see the change or decrease when u feel like u r gaining fat. That's all I'm saying :)
  • owa1s
    Options
    Post something that has changed ur life for better.

I beat Cancer.. I had really let myself go,married, kids, have my own business, had just accepted getting old and fat is the normal process in life.
    Now i take care of me first.. Back in shape and living life to the fullest.
    My family says me getting sick was a weird blessing in disguise..They cant believe the 180 degrees i pulled
    That's really inspiring props to you man, I pray for all the cancer patient to be cured and do what u did, Amen.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options

Some people have a very hard time eating more, so eating as much as they want often tends to not be enough. Not everyone is on here because they overeat. In her case telling her to eat more was good advice, you didn't ask for blanket advice to help everyone.
    I understand but I mean she shouldn't advice someone else about that ( in my opinion) because for example if increasing 500 calories doesn't work for u u can increase it to 250 and keep on adding until u see the change or decrease when u feel like u r gaining fat. That's all I'm saying :)

The kind of person that advice is aimed towards is the person who will eat an additional 250 calories for a week, feel fat, and immediately go back into a deficit. Nobody on here is just going to advise someone to go hog wild eating. Even someone who struggles to add more calories is going to be given more detailed advice on how to do it beyond just "eat more".
  • owa1s
    Options

The kind of person that advice is aimed towards is the person who will eat an additional 250 calories for a week, feel fat, and immediately go back into a deficit. Nobody on here is just going to advise someone to go hog wild eating. Even someone who struggles to add more calories is going to be given more detailed advice on how to do it beyond just "eat more".
    I meant to add 250 calories and if u don't increase in strength at least 2 to 3 weeks then increase, who in the bodybuilding world expects results in a week come on, anyway I don't think u understand my point but do whatever u feel is right
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    Options
    @Alatariel75. Well placed post. :)